Chapter 25

Rick and I are walking around the streets aimlessly 'patrolling the town' according to him, my head circling around the past four days that seem to drag out and feel like a month, the babys been keeping me up all night and I sleep most of the day, hardly getting to spend time with rick, carl and judith or the others, and the times I am awake I'm walking around inside the walls bored out of my mind. Daryl doesn't really talk to me anymore he just knows I'm here and safe I think, maybe I should try and spend time with him, maybe we'll go back to how we were.

Coming up to jesses house rick slows down turning my direction towards the woman in the garage picking up pieces of metal "Hey" rick calls out softly. She turns towards us giving rick a small hey back before sighing and picking up a piece of metal "What happened" I ask looking at the broken sculpture. "I don't know" she sighs standing back up "Maybe somebody doesn't like owls" she continues putting a piece on the table beside her.

"Somebody came in here and did this" he inquires walking in and bending down looking at the pile "Stuff like this never happens here" she adds shaking her head and putting her foot on a stool. Rick sighs looking up at her "Well you got any enemies" she smiles shaking her head "Do you know anybody who hates owls" I ask and she chuckles shaking her head "To bad there isn't somebody who can look into this kind of thing, I'll ask around" she shakes her head at his words "No you don't have to."

"I-yea I know, but it gets her moving around and busy" he nods looking over at me, I huff knowing he's right "Okay so you find the person who did this then what" rick shrugs looking back at her "Some kind of consequences, you ever heard about the broken window theory" she shakes her head and I look at the side of his face curious of what it is. "Falls down to this you keep the windows in tact you keep society intact" I hum nodding my head at the truth "But this was an owl rick" "Yea, well we gotta do somethin today" he tells her before walking off with me behind him.

"Get me moving, am I fat rick" I question recalling his words out loud "No it's just walking will help you have an easier birth" he explains waving one of his hands around. I clear my throat scared about having our baby "You okay" I nod my head my hand moving in circles over my stomach "Just kinda nervous about you know, pushing a baby out of my body" he puts his hand on the back of my neck both of us stopping. Looking up at him I swallow softly "I'll be with you, you'll both be fine" he assures.

Nodding I breathe out slowly "Yea, we'll be okay" he nods smiling softly "Let's go talk to some people" I jerk my head to the side looking at him. He chuckles nodding his head and looking around, the both of us walk up to a couple on the sidewalk "Did you see anyone in jesses garage last night" rick asks, the couple shakes their heads "No nobody was out past eleven I think" the woman answers answer. Nodding with a small smile I thank them "Thank you have a good day" they smile as we walk away "So we're officially investigating" I clap my hands excitedly.

We've been walking around for hours talking to most of the residents, my feet and back hurt but I try to cover it up "Let's go home take a break" rick suggests and I nod turning around and walking in the direction of the house "Can't argue with the boss" I speak waddling away from him. I fall in love with him even more as he walks one step ahead of me his body halfway shielding mine in an unconscious way of protecting me. Stepping into the house I move to the living room and sit down "You want some water" he calls from behind me "Please" I respond back.

He walks into the room taking his jacket off and sitting beside me handing me the glass of tap water "Thanks" I whisper taking a sip of the cold liquid. Putting my cup on the table I lean back putting my head on his shoulder "How did I get so lucky to have you in my life" I wonder out loud my fingers moving across the back of his hand. Flipping his hand over her intertwines our fingers "I was just thinking the exact same thing" I smack his chest with my free hand "Yea right" I roll my eyes a wide smile on my lips.