𝟙𝟘

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1970          𝐖𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With a newfound pregnancy, health checkups were a top priority. Inside the residence of Y/N and Loki, Doctor Nielsen uses a stethoscope to listen to Y/N's belly. After a few moments of listening, he takes the stethoscope away, "Hmm. Hmm. Yep! Definitely pregnant," he gets up and puts his stethoscope in his bag.

"Well, that much we figured," Y/N says, trying to be polite, "It's just kinda taken us by surprise. It's just kinda suddenly. Quite suddenly, wasn't it? I mean, practically overnight. I mean... How did this happen?" Loki adds on, confused. Dr. Nielsen looks at him funny, "You see, when a man and a woman love each other very much..."

"Well, we're just tickled pink, or blue," Y/N explains, saving the conversation from going downhill, of course her and Loki both knew how this happened.

"You're at about four months now. Is that right?" Y/N nods. Loki shakes his head. They look at each other and Loki switches to nodding. "I thought as much. We let the little ladies keep tabs on their growing babies with fruit. Makes it simple for them." Y/N and Loki give each other looks.

"At four months, the fetus is about as big as a pear. At five months, a papaya. Six, grapefruit. Seven, pineapple. Eight, honeydew," Dr. Nielsen showed the couple, holding up fruit from the kitchen.

"Hypothetically speaking, what size fruit would it be at, say, hmm, 12 hours?" Y/N elbowed Loki in the side, trying to get him to shut up. "Uh, pardon? 12 hours?"

"Well, I think this line of questioning is fruitless," Y/N jokes, saving the conversation once again.

"Well, hypothetically speaking, should we be concerned?" Loki asks. "Hypothetically speaking, every new father-to-be gets nervous," Dr. Nielsen tells him. "Well, I have nerves of steel, so there goes your theory, Mr. Doctor..."

"Loki, why don't you see the doctor out?" Y/N suggests through a gritted smile. "Good idea. Yes," Loki walks with the doctor to the front door, "Thank you so much for dropping by, Dr. Nielsen." Y/N smiles and walks to the kitchen while rubbing her belly. Loki and Dr. Nielsen walk out of the house.

"Well, I'm just glad you caught me in time. I'm taking the wife on vacation this afternoon."

"Oh! Have a nice holiday! Hey, Herb!" Loki waves at Herb next door, who is trimming some hedges.

"Hey, buddy!"

"Listen, you can keep the news of Y/N's..." He makes a noise and mimes around his belly, "You know, just between us because, uh, I don't know, everything's happening so quickly. We'd like to keep the news just in the family for right now."

"Of course. Mum's the word... Well! I'm off. Bermuda, baby!" He pumps his fist. Loki does too in response.

Loki looks over and sees Herb, who is running his hedge trimmer through the wall separating their properties. Dr. Nielsen leaves, and Loki walks over to the wall, "Hey, Herb! Think you might've taken the hedge-trimming a little too far there, old chum," he chuckles.

"So, I have. Thanks, buddy," Herb continues to saw through the wall. "Uh, yeah. Don't mention it," Loki gives him a weird stare and walks back into the house, "Huh. Strangest thing just happened outside with Herb-- Whoa, Nelly!" Y/N turns around to face her husband, revealing herself to be much more visibly pregnant than before.

"Have you gotten bigger?"

"Have I?" She turns, knocking some fruit off of a table with her stomach. Loki conjures a clone to grab a papaya before it hits the ground, the clone disappears after making sure the papaya is safe. "I can't really tell from this angle," Y/N shrugs.