𝟙𝟙

(A/N): ~~~~~~~~~~ this is going to signify the change in setting, it becomes more helpful to know at the end of the chapter

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N gasps and grabs her belly. As she breathes, she hears a strange noise in the nursery. She slowly makes her way over, but the doorbell rings and startles her before she goes in.

"Oh, shoot. Uh... Oh!" She opens a closet and puts on a heavy coat. She opens the door and finds Geraldine.

"Y/N! What's up?" Geraldine looks at Y/N's coat curiously, "It's 75 degrees out. You making a fashion statement?" Geraldine walks in.

"Hi, Geraldine. You know, now is not really a good time," she tries to be polite, "No, no, no, it's foxy. You'll have to let me borrow it sometime. But first, I gotta borrow a bucket. Not to wear, to use," Geraldine requests, Y/N angrily closes the front door.

"Somehow, all the pipes in my ceiling burst at once and I gotta bail myself out."

"All right, sure. Just stay right there. I think I might have a bucket in the kitchen, " Y/N jogs over to the kitchen.

"Well, okay, then." Y/N enters the kitchen, "I think it's just here under the sink!" She yells as she says "sink," and her coat turns into a raincoat. Geraldine yells from the living room, "Are you alright in there?"

"Yes, I'm just looking!" She groans again and the raincoat turns into a fur coat. "Oh!"

"I'll come help," Geraldine begins walking over, "No! I mean, no thank you," Y/N yells in a panic, she throws the coat off as Geraldine enters and quickly holds a fruit bowl in front of herself.

"Bingo!" She pulls a bucket out of a closet and turns to Y/N.

"Would you look at that?"

"What?"

"Fruit! Y/N! Thank you," She walks over and grabs an apple, "Yummy," Geraldine walks away. Y/N follows, "Well, good luck with the leak."

"Oh, th-- Oh! Say, Y/N, I've got a question for you," Geraldine walks over to the couch, "You know how I've been working that temp job, right?"

Geraldine and Y/N both sit down, "Well, my boss, Mr. Haddox, he was going crazy yesterday..." Y/N looks in shock as a stork walks up behind Geraldine, "Oh, look at me going on and on like you got all the time in the world. Let me go on and get out..."

"Wait!" Y/N stops her, Geraldine turns back to Y/N before spotting the stork, "No. Tell me about the temp job."

"Oh, that's my girl. So, yesterday my boss, Mr. Haddox, was going crazy working on the slogan for a new breakfast cereal. You know, the one with the little marshmallow Moonmen?"

"Mmm, mhm," Y/N watches as the stork walks around the house in the background, "Yeah, yeah, yeah, those. So, it's 10 minutes before the big presentation, and Mr. Haddox has got nothing." As Geraldine talks, Y/N tries to make the stork disappear. She discretely throws a spell at it, flicking her wrist, a puff of red smoke appears, but the stork remains.

"Nothing, that is, except the worst case of hiccups I ever did see." The stork begins to walk closer to the pair in the living room, "Oh, Y/N. He couldn't get out one word, let alone a whole pitch!" Geraldine says, laughing, Y/N tries to make the stork disappear again, but it just flaps the red smoke away. Y/N tries to get Geraldine to not notice the stork, so she nods and laughs nervously.

"So I'm tryin' every trick in the book to help this poor man. I'm hidin' behind filing cabinets and jumpin' out when he least expects it, like, boom!" Y/N jumps and throws an orange at the stork, which runs away farther from the girls in the living room.