Chapter Sixty-five

Chapter Sixty-five

-

Luke did not know why he agreed to it, maybe it was because of the millions of questions he had to ask, or the small bit of love he still had. But, he was going to meet his dad.

"I don't think a restaurant was the best place for him to choose," Jack remarked as he looked over at his younger brother who sat next to him on the bus. "I mean he knows about your anorexia, I bet he is doing it out of spite."

"It's fine Jack. I can eat fine now," Luke reassured, really hoping his father meant no harm. Luke was nervous, his dad abandoned him during his visit. It stung like hell and he still wanted to see his father.

"You've barely eaten at all this week," the middle brother remarked, looking down at the younger boys body. He had definitely gained weight, still unhealthy, but he was getting there. What was not unusual anymore in the household, was to see the blonde bloated. "Or have you been binging instead?"

Luke bit his lip guiltily, everyone was aware of what the boy did. But, Sid gave them orders not to say or do anything. "No. My body is just going through the phase where it keeps all the food in my body because it's scared it may not get any in a while." That was not purely a lie, Sid did warn him that it looked like it was happening again.

Jack just gulped, feeling a sense of hopelessness for his brother. Leaning forward, he pressed the bell. "It's disgusting what you do to yourself Luke," he muttered, wiping his eyes from nearly falling tears and standing up.

"I know," Luke whispered back, he was not upset, more just annoyed at himself.

-

"There he is," the elder mumbled, looking over at a table where their father sat. "I really want to punch him one right now!"

"I think we should let him explain himself first," Luke suggested, trying to resist a small smile that was creeping onto his lips. His father might not want to see his gay son and after he treated the boy, Luke should be appalled by his actions. However, he just missed his father.

Alex was not like a true father to him, he was too much like a therapist and it got on his nerves sometimes. He knew what Luke was up to and it meant he could not get away with as mich.

The two dawdled over to their father, who was scrolling through his phone. Jack cleared his throat to get his attention. The man looked up and smiled. "I was just about to call you, thought you weren't coming," he admitted with a nervous laugh. Inspecting both boys up and down.

"It was close to that," Jack murmured, sitting down opposite the man, Luke sliding in next to him, keeping his head down shyly.

"Your beard is coming a long there," Andy smiled sadly in shame that he'd missed his sons grow up.

"I know, It's as bad as yours," the middle brother admitted, beginning to become more comfortable with the situation. Slouching back slightly, and looking at his father. After Andy did nothing wrong to him.

The two of them talked for a while before the elder suggested they order something to eat. Andy looked over at his youngest son. He still looked underweight, but he seemed to have gained some weight since he last seen him.

"You don't have to get anything if you don't want to," he spoke up to Luke. The blonde glancing up and smiling thankfully.

"It's fine, I'll get something," he dismissed the offer. He was hungry anyway, after all, he had barely eaten or kept something down all week.

"You're having a real slow recovery," Andy frowned, concerned for his son.

"He already recovered, then he relapsed again," Jack spoke up. "He recovered too fast, thinking he was fine but actually wasn't."

Andy looked back over at his son and smiled sadly. "I'm so sorry for everything I said to you. I just did not know what to say. Are you still with the boy?" he asked, sounding like he genuinely cared.

"Yeah," Luke mumbled, still trying to find a way to make Ashton feel special.

"Good, I'm glad there is someone out there who can make you happy."

It was not that Luke found this whole conversation awkward of difficult, he just felt insanely insecure and Jack seemed to notice when he wrapped his arms around his body.

"I'll have this dad and Luke will just have a bowl of chips," Jack said, pointing to something random in the menu, he just wanted to talk to Luke alone.

"Do you want anything else Luke?" he asked with a concerned look.

"No thanks."

"Fair enough," he nodded and headed over to the bar to order. 

The middle brother sighed as he placed a firm grip on Luke's shoulder. "How much did you eat last night?"

"Nothing, I didn't have dinner with you guys," he said, recalling what happened at dinner after he fell asleep and refused to come down.

"Don't lie to me, Luke. I know you binged."

Luke kept his eyes straight ahead and bit the side of his cheek. This was the topic he hated talking about the most. "If I binged I would be bloated fully," Luke retorted, getting defensive and emotional.

"You threw it up."

"Bullshit," Luke hissed, trying to hold back tears.

"I'll get mum to make you a doctors appointment and they can check your throat again."

"Nothing would be wrong with it," Luke tried to seem not threatened, but was terrified of going to doctors, therapy was bad enough.

"True." Luke looked at Jack a little confused as to why he was not agreeing with him.

"Huh?"

"It's obvious you have been binging because you look half pregnant," Jack lied, wanting to get some truth out of his brother. He hated seeing him destroy his body.

"Does it really?" Luke asked worried, looking down and covering his barely protruding stomach with his arms.

"Why do you keep doing this to yourself? One minute you refuse to eat and the next you binge like crazy?" Jack half yelled, becoming increasingly frustrated.

"Because I'm a fat pig," Luke yelled back, wiping a tear from his eye. "I can't control what I eat, okay. I never know when to stop eating, that's why I just starve myself. It is a whole lot easier than eating all the time," he sobbed.

The blonde felt a hand on his shoulder, one that he could see what not his brothers.

He spun round to see it was Sid's.

-