˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆ 10

tw: memory loss

after the altercation in the tavern, techno kept a close eye on y/n, his hand never leaving her shoulders- and when they rode home, he kept an extra tight grip on to her.

"techno...what did you mean by... my scent earlier...?" she had mumbled when they arrived home, techno huffed, heaving the saddle off his horse.

"your scent... that man ruined it, now you reek of him" he grumbled, "goddamn drunks..." he hissed.

"do you want me to scrub myself clean...?" y/n grinned, lightheartedly giggling. techno furrowed his brows,

"yes...then wear one of my sweaters" he mumbled, walking into the house. y/n nodded, surprised he was actually serious.

"why do you want me to smell like you...?" she mumbled, following him inside. techno paused- his face flushing.

"uhm-" he stuttered "i-i don't know...i just do-" he mumbled awkwardly, taking his coat off and stumbling into the kitchen. "i'm a hybrid- sometimes i do weird things..."

"it's okay... i don't mind" she smiled, "i cant really smell the difference like you can" she giggled, following him into the kitchen. techno blushed, his face burning brighter. moon let out a low chuckle from across the room.

"i know why" moon grinned, winking at techno. he narrowed his eyes- y/n densely smiled, shaking it off and filling a teapot with water.

"erm- ill make lunch..." techno stifled, fumbling in his icebox. "and- ill take care of the tea..." he gently took the teapot from her, "you go and read or something..." he awkwardly smiled, teeth chattering. y/n nodded, a whiff of concern catching her senses- but it's none of your business, she thought, skipping out of the kitchen.

"the blood god is settling~" moon sang once y/n was out of sight.

"say anything else and i'll smother you..." techno hissed, setting the teapot over the stove.

"nothing to be ashamed of..." moon cooed, his flamed softening. "i was once in love-"

"i'm not in love-" techno spat, "shes just someone i have to take care of" he grumbled, "even if maybe- my biological needs- would say i'm attracted to her..." he mumbled- "i'm not!", moon chuckled.

"never thought the blood god would be so head over heels for a mortal..." he snickered, techno sighed

"how would you like a cold bucket of water on your head" techno grumbled, staring daggers at moon. the flame furrowed his brow, grumbling complaints.

"why the sudden embarrassment...?" moon mumbled, inching closer from his log.

"..." techno grumbled,

"c'mon! spit it out!" he chanted,

"-fine! just be quiet...!" techno set his hands down on the table, "i don't know- it's just... i wanted to protect her... and when some other guy put his hands on her... i got... really-" he huffed, face brightening again. "i don't know... jealous?" he mumbled.

"ah...!" moon grinned, "i remember when i was in love..."

"-i'm not in love!" techno spat,

"i was head over heels for this hunky, playboy of a flame, bright and strong..." moon gushed, "oh-! how he lit me up!"

"oh god..." techno groaned, landing his forehead in his palms.