03

The planet in which they lived was called Planet Earth II after too many debates among the early ancestors who survived. They thought of naming it Earth II would be like a tribute to what the planet was before it was dragged out of the Milky Way galaxy. The new galaxy is right next to the previous one, namely Mago Galaxy. 

Centuries ago, when the Earth was still in the Milky Way Galaxy, the human race knew they wouldn’t survive for the next century. Traveling to Mars was a flop plan since the asteroid belt was getting closer and closer just as the Sun was getting closer and closer towards the Earth. Seemingly, they had no other choice but humans are humans, they are the ones who created technology and exceeded in every field; no humans weren’t going to keep quite.

Scientist predicted their end of existence and had huge pressure from their respective governments to do something. To find a solution since they have all the smart brains. So scientists built different tools, different instruments, and the highest technology computers to send some sort of signals to life outside of the galaxy. They did this before but now with stronger intentions, they tried. People thought it would be impossible for their spacecraft to ever reach the farthest planet with a human in it who would have no contact with the Planet Earth satellites. The thought itself was scary. 

Nonetheless, they were successful in sending a group of their best astronauts to talk to whatever life existed outside through signals, through codes.

Unexpectedly, a year later, the north and south ozone layers were completely dissolved and the land fired up like a wildfire, the continents crashed up against each other causing a mass collision of the earth’s crust and mantle simultaneously. The ones to witness that and survive were the ancestors.

In the midst of the chaos when everyone gave up hope, a mass of blue like sparkly water surrounded the chaotic planet and dragged the planet and its moon out of the Milky Way galaxy to the next one namely Mago Galaxy. Therefore humans say, ‘they saved them’; the other kind. 

Even after being out of major threats, the planet was not stable so it was given its orbit, it stood the 34th planet in line revolving around a big star just like the sun. The inhabitants of Planet Earth II with their advanced technology made the planet livable for humans, building an artificial ozone layer that had its life for four years.

The artificial atmosphere depended on the power zones that initiated with the north and south poles. If anything was to happen to the ozone layer on the poles the whole inbuilt atmosphere would crash within the planet. Guess what? Gravity still was in charge of the planet no matter which galaxy it went!

Eventually, the same would happen if the powerhouses on the poles weren’t restored. The planet would crumble and come to an end. But the other kind always took care of that. They always did. How generous of them! 

The day for planet earth II lasted for 48 hours. Exhausting long ass day, I know right! Humans in this new age didn’t have the chance to say, “Oh, I have no time today!” The whole day was long enough for doing almost anything.  

_________________________________________

The sun was still up when Taehyung and Jeongguk arrived at their favorite spot to hang out in the sun, the scenery was a bit too dull, and so were all the green around them. But for Taehyung whenever Jeongguk was around everything was bright and colorful. The world they live in was so predictable but their feelings for each other were in denial. 

“Hyung, why are you standing there? Come push me,” Jeongguk says grinning at the older. Taehyung looks at Jeongguk with utmost love and care as he runs towards where Jeongguk is. Jeongguk swings forward as he feels the push from Taehyung’s large hands just like they used to do from when they were little.