07

Taehyung opens his eyes, the lights temporarily blinding him. He feels the warm sunlight falling on his face. Taehyung groans, who even left the binds open? He squints his eyes trying to adjust his vision but fails to. With more struggles, he manages to peels his eyes open and lets them adjust to the room's brightness.

Taehyung’s eyes fall on the window looking at the dull grey sky layered with the little yellow that the sun faraway has to stretch on this former planet. Taehyung immediately frowns, he is not in his room, heck this doesn’t even look like his house. The whole interior is different. It’s all blue and gray which could only mean he’s in the country hospital that means—

Oh no, Jeongguk.

Just as the events of what happened to crash his mind like a wave of Tsunami, he lets out a strangled cry with a fresh set of tears spring out of his eyes like waterfalls. Everything comes back to him in a blur. Taehyung tries remembering the events but the more he tries the more he cries. Fisting his hair in his hands, he cries wanting to rip it out.

He remembers kissing Jeongguk, having his last kiss with the younger. He wanted to save Jeongguk but he couldn’t, he just couldn’t. Even after he promised the younger he let him die.

This wasn’t fair. Taehyung always kept his promises. Promises did to someone he loved with all his fucking being, now remain broken. 

A few minutes pass and Taehyung cannot stop bawling his eyes out. A few knocks are heard on the door. Taehyung wipes his eyes with the back of his palms and looks over to the window without making any noise as the person enters through the door. 

“Oh, you’re awake Tae,” the person says and of course Taehyung recognizes him, he just wished it was Jeongguk. He just wished this whole fucking thing was a dream. The person; Yoongi sits down next to Taehyung’s bed. “You’ve been passed out for like more than two days, we were worried,” Yoongi says tucking his hair behind his ear. Taehyung looked up to his hyung, his eyes were all puffy and bloodshot. “Did you just cry?” Yoongi asks blinking at the younger. 

“I made a mistake hyung, I couldn’t save—” he whispers and before he could speak anymore a broken sob rises past his lips. Yoongi raises his eyebrows in a questioning manner but sets his curiosity aside as he holds Taehyung’s hand in his own finding a few ways to comfort the younger of the duo.

“Taehyung,” Yoongi starts firmly. “It’s alright, you’re okay, your fine now and that’s all it matters,” he says not giving the latter a chance to interrupt him, Taehyung was already ugly crying. “You look like a mess, I have to join the seminar in an hour, I’ll let Jeongguk know you’re awake, till then clean your snot,” the older says in a reassuring manner cracking a small smile towards the younger of the duo. 

Taehyung blinks mouth open like a fish in water and lets the words sink in and then he—

“Jeongguk is alive?” Taehyung blurts yelling on Yoongi’s face scaring the older who suddenly clutches his heart. 

“What the fuck Taehyung? You sound like a fucking vampire who hasn’t fed for a lifetime—,”

“Please, please, tell me Jeongguk is alive, please,” Taehyung begs cutting the older off wanting to hear only one thing. Wanting to know the truth. He sounded so desperate.   

“Taehyung, are you okay?” Yoongi questions making the younger whine immediately. “Jeongguk is alive and well.” 

Taehyung exhales a huge sigh of relief, his eyes watering and the next moment he starts crying thanking whoever is above him silently. Yoongi takes his seat beside him again, concern washing over his face.