01 - Dreams or Memories? - 01

I've become used to the sound of the irritating beeping of the machines that surround me. Although it's constant noise bounces off the walls 24/7, it's a good reminder that I'm not dead yet.

All that accompanies me is my dreams, and that boy, who I know means something to me, but I can't remember his name.

The dreams vary from abhorring gory scenes to precious memories that I swear I had in my early childhood.

But then again, it can't be dreams if you die in every single one.

The horror sucks me in whenever it happens. It knows I can't escape, it knows there isn't anywhere for me to go when they shock me with the faceless victims bleeding profusely on the concrete, or a car racing towards my preschool self.

It seems very real. Too real. Like a memory from a past life, or a movie that I could've acted in edited and released. What ever it is, I know that it's the reason why I ended up here.

Time will tell, I guess.

With every dream is someone I swear I can recognise. I can't hear their voice, but I can see their mouths move as they speak to me. I've only seen two people so far.

In the first one, it was a person with black hair, hair that blended in with the night sky that was long and tied up partially. He had a scar running down the left side of his face, and he didn't bother cover up his missing eye. Yet, though his visuals were menacing, his aura was sort of... warm, in a way. He was reaching out to me with a kind smile yet his remaining eye showed fright, and I saw his hand shake slightly as he reached out to hold my hand.

And then he mouthed something to me, as he held it tight, smiling bitterly. I noticed the constellations on his cheeks, and I stared into his eye one last time as glittery tears fell from his freckles onto my wrist.

And then he disappeared. Just like that.

In the last one, it was someone who showed no emotion. He stared at me coldly, lips formed into a straight line. His cold eyes, strong looking physique and attitude made me think he was someone who caused me to be here in this hospital.

But then he hugged me. The hug was warm, full of love, and I felt his breath tickling my neck. I knew he was whispering, but I had no idea what he was saying.

He pulled away reluctantly, eyes glassy as he faded away.

In both ones I died. In the first my neck was sliced open, as a tall brunette girl grinned wickedly. In the last one I was pushed off a building, and the last thing I saw was the same girl towering above me as she feigned shock and seemingly called for help.

I know these two guys were my friends, maybe I even considered them family.  I don't know. I can't remember. But I do know one thing:
They're all gone.