00 - Prologue - 00

Darkness consumes me, in a way I have never experienced before. My hand, bruised, red and dripping, reaches for a small light. A haven, an escape to the shadows of Ectopica. I near it, floating upwards like a feather in the wind, delicate and light. Then a flash blinds me, and a continuous beeping fills my ears. And then, silence.

••••••••

"We're going to lose him," A loud, clear voice interrupts the quiet, and slowly the sounds of life trickles in and awakens me. "But I know we cannot lose hope... not yet. He's the only one left in the accident who's alive,"

"Please, you've got to do something." The next, more masculine voice startles me, as I recognise it. "I can't deal with one more gone,"

No response. And as their footsteps echo towards me, I feel a cold hand on my cheek. I shiver, and their hand jerks away.

"He's... he's awake! He can- he can feel my touch, that's got to be something, right?" He yells, shock laced in his words.

Urgent and panicky voices fill the room, and I feel hands all over my body, and I shiver again.

"Patient 0918, Yang Jeongin, can you hear me? I repeat, can you hear me?" They gripped my left hand tight. "Squeeze my hand if you can."

I wanted to, but I couldn't. Something told me not to, something told me it wouldn't end well. My intuition, I think, possibly what they call a gut feeling.  "There's no response."

"Relative of the Patient, Yang Jeongin, please exit the room."

Shuffles and murmurs was all I heard, and a door clicking close.

"Their sense of touch is the only sense that has returned that we know of, and I pray it stays that way," The person said calmly. "Only heaven knows what we'll do if they fully recover."

"We should put him into questioning, he's the only one left who saw it."

Thoughts rush into my head. Are they talking about me? Am I Patient 0918? Yang Jeongin? That's me?

And then it hits me. Hard. Glimpses of glass shards, tainted with blood. Remorseful screams, a blurry light faintly flashing red and blue. Gunshots, ropes, murder.

I know who I am.

My name is Yang Jeongin. Agent 8 of a group that I can't yet remember the name of, and something's wrong. Very, very wrong.