1st Year - The Map

AN// Rewriting older chapters - This one has been done! So enjoy :)

ALVAR's POV

I had spent my first week at Hogwarts exploring the grounds, so far all of my classes have been amazing, and really comical with the Weasley twins. I was loving every moment here, taking in every detail of the castle and everything within it, like the portraits (which helped me figure out routes) and the ghosts.

I wanted to keep in contact with mum as much as I could, letting her know what I'm up to, she had written to me a couple days ago, she wanted to know how I was getting on. She's probably worrying about me being on my own for the first time, even though I'm not alone. I think she just needed a bit of reassurance. She seemed really proud that I had made it into Gryffindor!

Since starting classes, I wanted to be sure not to get behind on homework. I was settled in an armchair in the common room, writing out my charms essay.

"What are you two up to?" I ask watching the twins rush over to the table next to me squabbling over something in Fred's hand

"Long story" George said beaming, I could tell that they were both buzzing to tell me.

"Ok, fine. Peeves had caught us trying to slip dungbombs outside the doors to the Slytherin common room-"

I interrupted "Did Snape catch you?"

"No that dusty cat-" Fred started

"-That follows filch around, she heard Peeves screeching about redheads"

"So, naturally Filch came running and he took us to his office."

"How does this lead to the parchment?" I ask

"Hold on Elffire we'll get to it." Fred marked

"Filch took the rest of our dungbombs, the git." George sighed, sounding annoyed. "He took all of our stash!"

"-Except one!" Fred relieved

"Which I dropped after we noticed a drawer labelled Confiscated and highly dangerous!" George said continuing the story

"This-" George held up the parchment "Is the only thing we managed to swipe after I set off the bomb in the office."

"- and all it cost us was our sense of smell." Fred reminisced

"- and a detention on Friday night with filch." George finished.

"Did he notice you took it?" I asked

"Don't think so, probably not though." Fred replied

I held out my hand for the parchment. "It's just a stained old piece of parchment." I say after examining it.

"Ah, maybe to the naked eye." George observed

"- It spoke to us," Fred beamed.

"You sure that wasn't the dung bombs making your mind funny?" I laughed, i unfolded the map in my knee

"Have you tried an unlocking charm yet?" I asked

"Nope, but when we unfolded it, there was ink in it, reading different words, but they've gone now." Fred said

"Alohomora" I said pointing my wand on the paper, Ink spluttered and bled onto the page as words formed

"Mesus Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs...." I read out loud.

"My dear Moony says nice try, but it'll take more than an unlocking spell to reveal our map ~ Padfoot"

"It's a map!" I gazed