1st Year - Professor Dumbledore

Alvar's POV

The night we had arrived back at school after christmas, I had skipped dinner and headed back to my dormitory to unpack my things. I hadn't seen Fred or George on the train home, so I haven't spoken to them since I left the burrow.

Once I returned home after that visit, mum was reluctant to speak to me about anything she had told me, she wouldn't give me any more details on what she had told me already, and insisted on a visit with Professor Dumbledore when I returned.

I had woken up later than usual on the first day of term, spotting Percy in the common room "Hey Percy." I went over to him "Have you seen the twins yet this morning?" I asked.

He nodded, "They left about five minutes ago"

"Ok thanks" I said quickly, heading to the portrait hole.

"Not so fast." A voice had called after me, as I sped down the corridor

"Sorry Professor." I said stopping and turning to face Professor Snape

"What is the hurry Elffire?" He drawled

"Late to breakfast, I'm... meeting a friend" I replied

"Professor Dumbledore asked me to pass this onto you." He said taking out a small tied scroll

"Um, thanks" I said nervously, taking the parchment

"He said not to be late." He looked down at me, then headed down the corridor in the opposite direction, his cloak flying behind him.

"What did Snape want?" Fred asked when I reached the Gryffindor table.

I laughed "How do you know about that?"

George responded by pointing at the open map on the table showing the corridor from the Gryffindor common room.

"You stalking me Weasley?" I asked

"Definitely not" Fred spoke sounding offended

"We're tracking Filch" George said, scribbling something onto parchment

I sighed "I don't think I want to know"

I sat, spooning porridge into a bowl "Snape gave me this." I spoke remembering the scroll. I untied and read;

"Alvar Elffre

Please arrive in my office tonight, 6 o'clock sharp, try not to be late. There is an urgent matter I wish to discuss with you.

~ Professor Dumbledore"

"It's from Dumbledore, he wants to see me tonight" I said quietly

"So your mum wrote to him then?" They asked

"Must have."

"Who do we have this morning?" Fred asked

I sighed "Snape, then Binns in History of magic"

George scoffed "Seriously. Throw me off the astronomy tower please"

"Binns isn't that bad" I said

"No, I mean Snape. He hates us so much."

"Hmm, Let me think," I joked "maybe because you like to 'experiment' with the potions we make, and you almost set fire to the end of his robes."

"You see," George said, "Almost!"

"You can't blame him for hating Gryffindor with you two." I laughed

That cold sickening draft in the corridor leading to Snape's classroom hit me suddenly as we made our way down the steps. It was still snowing heavily in Scotland, so the lake was frozen over. The dungeons were almost underneath the lake, so you can imagine the temperature drop compared to the warm hall above.