Gullible (2min)

A/N: The idea for this fic came from Doraemon. Don't ask me how I came up with it. It's pretty hard to explain :) This is by far the longest oneshot I've ever written.

---------------------------

There are people who sometimes find it hard to differentiate truth from lies. Some people call them stupid. Others call them foolish, innocent, easy to fool, and sometimes naïve. Sometimes it doesn't matter if what people tell them were truth or lies. Sometimes what really matters is who it was telling them.

Taemin is just one of those gullible people who fell in love with a person who loves to lie. It was probably a good combination. One is too trusting; the other one is a liar. They were perfect for each other.

But it wasn't a simple relationship they had. They were friends and yet they were not. They grew up together and both probably have feelings for each other, feelings which could probably be more than what you usually have for a friend, but neither wanted to admit it just yet. Sometimes it's enough that they see each other every day. Sometimes it's enough that they talk. And yet sometimes it feels like they still wanted more but didn't really know what it exactly they were craving for.

Most of the time Taemin could tell if someone's lying or not but with Minho it's different. He always falls for his silly tricks. Always. And the thing is Taemin had no idea he was being lied to.

Minho on the other hand loves telling lies and his favourite victim is Lee Taemin. Since Taemin was still too young to differentiate lies from truth he always believes Minho's lies and for Minho it was really fun.

When Minho said that the stars are so small and so light that they float in the sky, Taemin believed it because Minho said so. And of course, for a six-year old, it was easy to believe such lies. Minho being eight, knows more than the younger boy does and being older makes it fun to make up stories which he knew the younger boy would always believe.

It was fascinating how the younger boy's eyes would sparkle with curiosity over things as simple as floating stars. It was better than having him tell the younger that they were actually some huge luminous sphere of plasma held together by its own gravity. When his teacher told him that most of those stars were actually bigger than the sun and that the sun is actually a star, imagine the kind of shock he had. From afar the stars look so small so for someone to tell him otherwise is kind of unnerving. Floating miniature stars are more magical and magic is a nice word for an 8-year old and it makes lying to the younger boy worth it.

Minho knew Taemin would realize the truth when he grows up but right now, watching him inhale deeply, filling his lungs with air, his cheeks popping, Minho wanted to keep it that way. Being with Taemin makes everything so wonderful, his heart filled with a kind of bliss he still couldn't understand.

"What are you doing?" he asked the younger boy, curious as to why he was filling his lungs with air as if he was about to take a dive.

Taemin didn't respond. Slowly he released the air and blew hard, his breath mixing with the wind. "What was that for?" Minho asked the younger boy again who is now frowning, his lips forming a pout.

"If the stars are floating shouldn't they scatter like dust if I blew at them?"

Minho let out a chuckle. This is why he loves lying to Taemin. He always comes up with silly ideas, more ridiculous than his own. "They are too far. The air from your mouth will never reach them."

"Is that so?" He gave it a thought then slowly his pout turned into a smile. Taemin believed everything he said again and it feels good to know he trust him this much.

Of course Taemin learned the truth years later but the subject was already unimportant that he doesn't care anymore. Or maybe deep inside he still wanted to believe Minho's words and that the rest of the world are the stupid ones who actually believe in stupid things like supernova nucleosynthesis, thermonuclear fusion, and gravitational collapse.