Countryside (Key)

Key loves the country side. Green meadows, big trees, cool breeze and fresh air… Aaaah life… However that wasn’t exactly the case one year ago. In fact he hates every inch of it. It reminds him of dirt, mud, smelly animals and filthy farm.

He came to this town by accident. His car broke down and he needed a place to stay. A kind family offered him shelter and that was the start of his love story.

“What’s your name?” They asked him that rainy night when he knocked on their door asking for help. He was in his worst state. No, he wasn’t dying or anything like that. His shoes that used to be white were now filled with mud. He loved those shoes and he felt really bad seeing them in their current state. His blonde hair is a mess and he was soaking wet after walking for hours under the rain. That was the exact thing he hated the most… having to look his worst. Not to mention he was shivering from the cold and he had nothing besides a car key and a few money in his pockets. He knew the money will be useful somehow. But the car keys proved to be useless without his car which he left on the road a few kilometers away. Yes, he had to walk a long distance before he saw a town. He had never been as exhausted in his life as he was that night.

“I’m Kim Kibum,” he said introducing himself. “Although most people call me by a different name,” he added belatedly realizing it wasn’t necessary.

The man let him in, thankfully. The first thing he noticed was the fireplace that was burning with heat as if telling him, come here and I’ll make you feel warm. The man introduced himself but he wasn’t paying attention because he was feeling nauseous and the world seems to be spinning right before his eyes. The man let him sit on a chair and a woman, probably his wife, offered him a towel and some clean set of clothes that he could change into. The clothes didn’t meet his taste but that was the only thing he had at the moment.

After washing himself up and changing, the woman led him to an empty room. “You could rest here for tonight.” She said to him with a kind smile.

“Thank you.” He settled himself on the bed, closed his eyes and tried to get some sleep. He didn’t know what he should be doing next but he decided to set the thoughts aside. Sleep first, plan later. However, sleeping proved to be difficult. The hard wood where he lay seemed to be adding more stress to his already exhausted back. But fatigue finally ruled over and in a few hours he was asleep.

He woke up early the next day. Well, at least early in Key’s own definition. It was 11 in the morning and the town’s people were already having their lunch. If it was a normal day he would still be on his bed until about 2 in the afternoon. But he wasn’t on his bed and he wasn’t even in his own house. The moment he opened his eyes and saw the unfamiliar surroundings, he groaned in frustration.

He forced himself to rise up. It wasn’t so hard because even his back, which seemed to be complaining after being forced to sleep on a hard wood, was grateful that he finally decided to get out of bed.

His stomach growled after being deprived of food for a long time. So the first thing he did is to look for something to eat. His feet brought him to the kitchen where he found a girl cooking something which appeared to be so appetizing just from the smell of it.

The girl whirled around probably to get more ingredients but when she saw him she screamed.

“Yah! Don’t scream. You’ll wake the dead.” He was starting to hate the girl. He doesn’t look that scary for her to scream like that, now does he? He’s not wearing his usual type of clothes and he’s probably in his worst state not to mention starving but he was sure as hell didn’t look that bad.

“Who are you?” she asked.

“Call me Kibum.” He said introducing himself. The man and the woman who helped him the other night came barging in the room after hearing her ear-piercing scream.