CHAPTER 2| Uh Oh!

It had been a month since Alice went away. I still hear her voice sometimes in my sleep, giving me comfort. I had been sitting in my room listening to songs, when my mum called me downstairs. There stood Mr. Walker with a box in his hands. He was a middle aged man with an oval face, the same electric blue eyes as Alice, and short black hair. He gave me a sad smile and handed me the box. It was a wooden box with some carvings of flowers on it and it had a small weight.

My mother gave me a small yet sad smile and I went up to my room. I opened the box and inside were photographs of me and Alice. The first time we went out together, our first sleepover, us just hanging out, and other photos. Memories started flashing in my mind and my vision became blurry. I was not really weak, but it is hard when your best friend is no more, but almost everything around you reminds you of her.

Something that caught my eye was a small chain. It was Alice's but it did not have the small heart shaped locket that always hanged on it. A letter addressed to me was also in the box; from Mr. Walker.

I took out the locket the delicate chain cold on my fingers but just as I saw it, I was being sucked into blackness

I took out the locket the delicate chain cold on my fingers but just as I saw it, I was being sucked into blackness. My eyes widened; instead of green, the chain glowed a purple colour. I fell with a thud onto a street. Ouch my butt. The place was not familiar to me; it looked nowhere near home. People were walking past me. I quickly stood up in order to not be kicked or stamped on by people. I looked around to find some place that could show me where I was. That's when I saw a bakery; the only problem was the currency was written in pounds. Pounds!! I was in the UK? I looked around sure looked like I was in a different country. I went up to a lady and asked, "Excuse me ma'am, sorry to bother you. But which is this place?" The old lady looked at me oddly and said, "London" and walked away.

If I was in London, and magic is real, shouldn't I be able to find Diagon Alley? Stop being stupid Cassie, London is huge. Besides, you don't know the exact location of the Leaky Cauldron in London. It was cold and it looked like it was about to rain. I had to think about what to do next. So I backed off into a alleyway and that is when I saw my reflection in a metal sheet kept there. I was wearing a black spaghetti strap, V-neck t-shirt and a blue shorts. This attire did not just make me cold, but also slightly uncomfortable since it was too revealing for my liking. My hair was in a mess and I did not have a hair tie. I sat there on the cold wet floor, the rain pouring on me. I was hungry and shivering.

I woke up as the sun hit my face. My back hurt as I was sleeping by leaning onto the wall. I was drenched from head to toe. The thing I could do now was somehow reach the wizarding world. I made a plan of going to Kings Cross Station, taking a train to Hogsmeade and go to Hogwarts. Since it was 2021, the headmistress should be McGonagall. I asked directions all day and started walking to Kings Cross. But by the time it was about 3 (This includes me getting lost a couple of times) hunger and cold took over me and I felt dizzy. I backed into a corner and before I knew it, darkness blinded me.