The Comedian and the Pranksters

Cutter's POV

I couldn't sleep. It felt wrong to attack dragons we haven't even tried to talk to. I mean sure, Grumblegard tried but he's more of a making threats and attacking dragon rather than talk in peace and try and make and agreement dragon. I walked out of the sleeping den, not wanting to wake anyone up. 

"If they won't try the diplomatic approach, then I will." I whispered to myself.

I took off towards Grumblegard's island. I flew in from the back and close to the water so nobody could catch me. I landed on a moonlit beach, the soft sand silky under my claws. 

"Hi" 

I jumped in alarm. There was a two-headed dragon behind me, a green Zippleback I think. 

"Umm, hello?" I said. 

"Hi! Whatcha doin'! I'm Barf-" the head on the left said.

"And I'm Belch. Ignore Barf, he's just mad that I gave him the slightly rotten fish this morning." The right head said.

"Anyways, what's your name?! And do you like pranks?" Barf asked.

"I'm Cutter and yes, I do like pranks. Do you guys live on this island?" I responded. I was glad that I was greeted with such a nice dragon.

"Well, yeah, we do. You should meet Ruffnut and Tuffnut!" Belch responded. "They're out here searching for us somewhere."

Barf and Belch took off with me on their tail. I wondered who these "Ruffnut and Tuffnut" were. 

"There they are! Belch called.

"I saw that." Barf said, and they dove into the forest. I followed them catiously, remembering that this dragon may be nice but other dragons may not be. We flew into a clearing, and I saw two humans who looked a lot alike, and made a lot of noise arguing over something. 

I stayed safely behind the bushes, unlike Barf and Belch who plowed on ahead to greet the two humans. I realized that these humans must be Ruffnut and Tuffnut, but I couldn't tell who was who. 

"Cutter! Come meet our riders! They don't bite! Well, not dragons at least. They do bite food!" Belch yelled. 

I hesistated, but when Barf threatened to make the bush explode I came out. 

"Ok, so the one with the dreadlocks is Tuffnut, he's my rider." Belch said 

"And the one with the braids is Ruffnut, she's my rider." Barf said. "She is also way smarter than Belch and Tuff combined"

"HEY!!! That is SO NOT TRUE! We are smart in our own way." Belch snarled. He turned his head away from Barf, clearly offended.

"Hey cool its a new type of dragon! And we found it! That means..." Ruffnut started.

"We get to name it! And maybe we can keep it!" Tuffnut finished. They banged helmets.

"I already have a name! And I already have a home!" I said to the twins. 

"Cool! Where do you live!" Tuffnut asked.

"I live- Wait, you can understand me?!" I said completely suprised.

"Yeah we both can, but we just keep it a secret from the other riders. Partially, because they won't believe us and partially because it's fun." Ruff answered.

"My friends are coming over to the island tomorrow. They think you guys are bad but I thought otherwise. Anyways, we need a way to make peace between my friends and your friends." I said, mostly to myself.

"Why do your friends hate the Dragon Riders anyways?" Ruff asked.

"You accidentally made camp on our friend's island. He's not that into sharing." I replied

"Oh, you mean the big dragon that attacked us last night. Yeah, he did say something like 'Get off my island'." Barf recalled.

"I have an idea! You make sure that your friends won't attack first ask questions later. We will lure everybody off the island but we'll stay on the island maybe with Fishlegs and we can have diplomatic meeting then. Don't worry, Fishlegs and Meatlug are big softies Fishlegs is definitely a diplomatic person." Tuffnut explained.

"Great idea!" I replied. 

"See, my rider is smarter than you or your rider." Belch whispered to Barf smugly.

"Oh, shut up" Barf grumbled. 

"Ok we've got a plan. Lure away everybody by noon. If everything goes well, I'll see you tommorrow at noon.