Preparation

Burple's POV
    I was pushing around a cart with the baby Ramblefang in it trying to cheer him up. I sighed, "The babies are all so sad when Grumblegard leaves. I wish I could cheer them up somehow." I was pondering on how to do that when I heard this angelic singing, and all my thoughts slipped into getting to the source of the voice. I took off towards the clouds, the other following me. All of a sudden the singing stopped, and I heard wingbeats going away. "Well that was weird" I commented.

"What was that?" Winger asked.

"Don't ask me," Cutter said.

"He wasn't asking you Cutter" Aggro said.

"It was a Deathsong" a gravelly voice said from above. Grumblegard descended from the clouds.

"A new dragon. Probably related to a Songwing but since we didn't see it I can't be sure." Leyla said sounding slightly disappointed.

"Don't worry kid, that deathsong lives in this archipelago so you'll see it soon enough." Grumblegard assured her. We flew down towards the roost and landed. The babies immediately rushed up to Grumblegard squeaking and chirping happily.

"So, what happened at your island?" Dak asked.

Grumblegard growled slightly, "It's not my island anymore, some pesky dragon riders drove me off."

"Other dragon riders? But I thought Dak and Leyla were the only one since they can talk to dragons." I said. 

"Well apparently they aren't. Though the humans didn't seem like they could understand their dragons. It was like the humans were having their own conversation and the dragons had a different conversation. Well, I don't think that matters. There are way too many of them. Probably around 12 or 13 of them. I don't know whatever the number it was a lot." Grumblegard replied with a snarl of annoyance. 

"Thirteen dragons! Ok, if we're going to get your island back then we're going to need help!" Dak exclaimed. Grumblegard gave him a little growl. "No Slinkwings this time. We learned our lesson from that." Dak assured him.

"Well we can search around for Laburn and Cinda" Aggro suggested.

"And we can see if the mama Ironclaw wants to help!" I exclaimed.

"Ok that's seven dragons and two big dragons. We'll also need to collect moss to divert the deathsong's song." Leyla said. 

"Alright! I'll go with Burple to see if the Mama Ironclaw will help. Cutter, you can use your super sight to help aggro search for Laburn and Cinda. Leyla and Summer you can get the moss." Dak said.

"And me?" Grumblegard said.

"Umm. you can stay with the babies and make sure they don't run off and get hurt." Dak suggested.

Grumblegard growled but complied by calling the babies over and doing a head count. 

A few hours later, the moon was rising and Dak, Leyla, Summer, Winger and I were already back at the roost, awaiting Aggro and Cutter's arrival. I forced myself to keep my eyes open, and I was very jealous of the babies and the Mama Ironclaw who were already asleep. Cutter flew into view behind us and collapsed on the grass. 

"Where's Aggro?" Summer asked him. 

He didn't reply, and just went into the sleep cave, but Aggro and two other fiery dragons spiraled up behind him and landed, glowing brightly. Their glow faded and the three fire furies walked over the the sleeping cave without a word, but their exhausted expressions said it all.

The rest of us followed them and Dak and Leyla entered the roost while the ret of us went into the sleeping cave. I walked to the fire and lay down, my mind drifting into the land of dreams.