VI. The Reunion

It turns out his sister is a early riser, she slept through the night but woke up at 5:00 in the morning.  Jace tried to get her to go back to sleep but to no avail. His sister was bright eyed and bushy tailed while he looked like death warmed over.

He gave up in getting extra sleep as he  walks over to Emma and says "Let's get ready for today."

                            *******

Due to the baby Jace was exhausted and took a nap with Emma which  caused him to miss quite a few phone calls and texts from his brothers.

Great, it looks like we have a family dinner to attend.
He looks to his left and sees his sisters big bright eyes.

Hello, baby girl. "Are you hungry? Let's  go get you some food."

He picks her up, grimaces and says "Well let's change your diaper first."

                             *******
          At The Restaurant

Everyone was starving and Jace was late.

Nathan looks around at his brothers and asks" Has anyone heard from Jace today?"

The response is no from everyone.

The two older brothers were a little more concerned due to the amount of calls they received from Jace the day before.

"Hmm" Nathan sighs and says"Maybe we should skip dinner here and check on him, we can fix dinner at the house or order-

"No!" Lucas says loudly, surprising everyone. "I spent the last 6 days miserable, I'm eating my favorite meal and nothing is getting in the way of me and my steak. Jace will be fine for a few more hours."

"I agree the seafood delight is calling my name" Ethan chimes in, "besides we shouldn't have to suffer because Jace is running late."

"That's right..Andrew says his two cents " I say we.. he trails off, he was looking out the window and could've sworn he saw Jace but with a baby. He shakes his head and says "Let's just eat."he says

                        *********
Poor Jace didn't factor in the time to get a baby ready  he was already running 20 minutes late.

After finally making it out the door.
Jace was speed walking and Emma tossed her dinner up all over him and her he wasn't prepared and didn't bring extra clothes.

He stands across the road watching the cars drive by and looking at his brothers through the window.

He sighs and turns around he looks down at his sister whose eyes are starting to water and runs his fingers through what little hair she has, he bends down to kiss her forehead and say's "let's get you cleaned up, we can stay in tonight."

By the time Jace had himself and Emma clean it was 7:00.
He had put some cartoons on for the baby.

He hears the front door open.
He hops up grabs the letter and greets his brothers.
"Hey, how was your— he stops his sentence and asks "What happened to you?"

Ethan answers " This trip happened, be glad you stayed home you dodged a bullet. "

They had bites all over them, they were sunburned and two of his brothers were limping.

Nathan  asks "What happened to you? We were expecting you at dinner
I was worried, and I received notifications of purchases on my card.
Jace I thought we had a understanding that the card was for emergency's only.

"About that, Jace starts off, "It was an emergency... but before you ask read this letter and  it will answer most of your questions."

He hands his brother the note.

Nathan takes it and says"What does this have to do with my credit card..he trails off and shakes his head in shock.

Never in a million years did he think he would be in this situation.

He expected to be coming home to one sibling not two.

He looks up at Jace and asks "Where is she?"

"In the living room."Jace answers'

The other brothers are confused "What's wrong?" Roman asks.

"Here" He passes the note to Roman and follows Jace to meet Emma.