Petals

brant POV

petals are modified leaves that surround the reproductive parts of flowers. They are often brightly colored or unusually shaped to attract pollinators. Together, all of the petals of a flower are called corolla.
tw: hanahaki in general.
_______________________________

*ding ding* "Welco- oh! Hey brant, why are you coming in so late?" I heard them say as i came into the small cafe. I worked there, it wasn't the best paying job but i could definitely make a living out of it. "I slept in a bit, I left my contacts in so my eyes hurt a bit too." I said to them, looking around then going near the counter "Oh brantie, you should learn to take your contacts out. It's gonna hurt even more if you keep them in long enough."

"I know I know, so Puds, did you get any orders yet?" I jokingly said knowing that our shift started in maybe around 3 minutes, the only reason we had to get there early is so there wasn't any customers waiting for us in the line. "You silly! You know we don't get any customers before 9. First you forget to wake up early, second you forget to take off your contacts before going to bed, and third you can't even remember when we open!" I heard Puds giggle as I rolled my eyes playfully.

I got behind the counter as Puds went outside to change the sign that said "Closed". It was early so people would be coming in to get a coffee or something. Puds came back in with a satisfied face "See! I told you I knew how to change our sign." I giggled and crossed my arms "You just have to flip it over, yknow" Puds giggled and ran behind the counter.

I felt odd. "Be right back.." I said as I ran past Puds and into the bathroom, I heard Puds say something but I couldn't really figure out as it was muffled after I closed the door. I started coughing into the sink, closing my eyes. I then opened them and was confused after I saw a rose petal in the sink. "Weird.." I whispered to myself as I walked out of the bathroom and back to Puds. "Are you ok? I heard you coughing a lot in there..I can take your shift if you wan-" "No i'm fine Puds." I cut them off, I didn't wanna tell Puds what happened since it would be weird to just tell someone that you threw up a flower petal.

Me and Puds started to talk a bit right after, we got loads of customers since it was morning and people were heading to work at this time, of course something you would wanna get in the morning is a coffee. After all our customers left it was 9:20 "Did you hear about the new fnf week? I heard it was gonna be so coo-" I cut them off as i started coughing, i then ran into the bathroom after hearing Puds say something that was muffled like before. I then coughed into the sink, 3 flower petals stood in front of me. Strange. I don't remember swallowing any flower petals, that's a stupid thing to do. I looked down a bit worried, i thought that if this happened again I would just search something up on the internet. It wasn't the worst thing to happen either way, just some stupid flower petals, nothing else. That's what i thought.

I walked out of the bathroom trying to act calm so Puds wouldn't ask about it, but either way i knew that Puds would still be worried about it anyways. "Gosh what happened?! You're coughing again." i heard Puds say in a worried tone, I saw there were a few customers sitting down with their coffees, I must have left Puds to do all the work. Gosh i felt bad. "Just coughing, it's just really bad and I don't want you looking at me coughing. That's weird!" i giggled then looked back at Puds which didn't really take it as a joke since they still looked worried, luckily to break from the awkward moment a customer went in line and asked for a small coffee. "You're taking this one, brantie!" I heard Puds say "Come on!" I didn't feel mad though, I knew Puds did most of the work while I was in the bathroom coughing, I didn't feel like i was gone for long so i was just a bit confused when lots of people were there.

As I served the customer I saw Puds looking at me, then when they realized i noticed them, they smiled then looked back at their phone that they were holding, I blushed a bit. But then, I felt it. I felt the urge to cough, this time to make puds worry less i decided i was just gonna tell them i was using the rest room. "Be right back, just using the restroom" I walked slowly to make it look as if i wasn't in a rush "Make sure to not cough again." I heard Puds say.

As i went into the bathroom i closed my eyes then coughed into the sink, expecting the flower petals to come out, but then i looked down, terrified.