chapter 1

I groan getting up for school. I get up go to the bathroom take a shower brush my teeth then brush my hair. i put some clothes and go downstairs. when I get down stairs I see my parents sitting and eating. I get my bag I don't even think about eating breakfast or talking to them as i'm heading for the door my dad stops me "you look like a slut" he says"what boy are you rushing off so early too" no one I just don't want to be late today he then get upset and says "are you talking back?".  

"You know what happens when you talk back? I see you still have not learn your lesson yet!". he then slaps me so hard I almost fall on to the floor. I pull myself together as he yells at me. "get the fuck out I don't want to see you you'r such a whore and mistake!'and with that and went out of the door on the verge of tears I don't even feel like going to school anymore so I walk for about an hour and I stop at this cafe I go in and order a cookie with ice water and walk out.

 while Im walking i think of everything that has happened to me and I have a mental breakdown but I keep walking everything keeps repeating in my head but I snap out of my trance when I hear tires screech. I looked up to see what it was. It was a black suv. I snapped my head to the car and wanted to see who was in it but I couldn't because the windows were tinted. I turn my head back, warm tears still coming down my face and I keep walking. I then feel like I'm being followed so I stop and look around for a moment but there is no one and I keep walking. 

But the same SUV that caused the commotion stopped on the side of the curve where I was walking I then stopped and look at the car. then the back door opens and and rather handsome men gets out. I could see his muscles through his suit. He had grey eyes tattoos everywhere except his face, his hair was a nice brown and his jawline was sharp. I then snap out of my trance when he talks. 

"hello I notice you were crying and wanted to see if you were ok?". he says, eyeing me suspiciously. I'm fine I say but his eyes darkened once he saw my face. "what happen to your cheek?'' He asks I snap, that's none of your concern and I don't even know you. He then chuckled darkly and said "you can get to know me I'm Carlos Hernandez". 

he says and holds out his hand for me to shake. I hesitate but then I shake his hand. I'm Maxine but you can call me Max. He then says "well max what are you doing walking this late in the dark that is dangerous". I then rolled my eyes. I know that kind of the point dumbass I mumbled the last part but somehow he still heard. "you need to watch your mouth bambina!" he yells I jump from the sudden out burst. he then ask "do you have anywhere to stay?" I quickly say no looking at my feet embarrassed. he says " il mio amore look at me you don't need to be embrassed you can stay with me if you like" how will I know you won't hurt me or kidnap me or something. he looks at me wide eyed his eyes go black is he bipolar or something? he say you can tell me when you uncomfortable and you can leave when you want" I quickly think to myself then I say ok I get in the suv the ride was silent and quiet.