C h a p t e r F o u r

Devilish - Chase Atlantic

"𝕀 𝕨𝕒𝕟𝕟𝕒 𝕓𝕖 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖𝕕, 𝕓𝕪 𝕪𝕠𝕦

"𝕀 𝕨𝕒𝕟𝕟𝕒 𝕓𝕖 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖𝕕, 𝕓𝕪 𝕪𝕠𝕦."

The evening was simply enchanting. I stood beside Axel's car, enjoying the warm night breeze as he poured me another drink.

Meanwhile, Caden and Quinton were arguing at the nearby food stall, debating their food choices for what seemed like forever. I was in love with Axel's car. He had done an amazing job of modifying it and making it his own. The glossy, sleek exterior with tinted windows and those angel eyes headlights were absolutely stunning. It definitely turned heads and made people stop to admire his whip.

One day I would be able to buy myself a car just like his, but for now the orange mini cooper in the garage will do the job of carrying me around. The mini cooper was my mom's until last year, when she upgraded to a Range Rover and passed her old car down to me.

"You look beautiful," Axel complimented me. I thanked him with a smile as I sipped on my third drink, already feeling a bit tipsy. I wore a beautiful knee-length, flowy dress with a soft pastel color. The dress had delicate floral patterns, and its lightweight fabric made me feel like I was floating in the warm evening air. I paired it with simple sandals, letting my hair loose in gentle waves that cascaded over my shoulders. The entire outfit was perfect for the relaxing evening we were having.
"You don't look too shabby yourself," I teased him.

He pretended to be unimpressed. "Come on, don't try to butter me up." We both laughed. "Can I take a selfie of us?" He asked. I nodded my head
at him. When he took out his phone to take the picture, I suggested using a Snapchat filter. "It might help me look less tipsy."

Axel chuckled. "You are not tipsy anymore, you are drunk and high."
I admitted, "You're right, I am. Blame it on the drinks and the smoke session with Caden earlier."

"You guys had some fun before I got here, huh?" he asked, raising an eyebrow at me.
"Yeah," I admitted sheepishly. "You've had a few drinks, too."

He grinned. "I can handle my liquor. Can you?"
"I believe I can," I responded confidently, even though I knew deep down
that I couldn't handle my liquor at all. The last time I went drinking with Caden, I ended up blackout drunk before midnight. It was embarrassing.

"What do you do for a living, Noodles?" Axel queried, casually playing with my fingertips. To outsiders, we looked like a couple. "I'm a writer," I replied. "I have heard. What kind of stories do you write?" he asked.

"Mainly dark romance," I replied, my voice carrying a hint of confidence
despite the admission. His curious gaze lingered on me as if he were trying to decipher the hidden layers beneath my words. I could almost feel his unspoken questions, the curiosity about what drove me to explore the depths of love in its most complex and shadowy forms.

"You don't strike me as the dark romantic type," he remarked, taking a sip of his drink.
I chuckled. "What makes you say that?"
Axel cleared his throat and looked into my eyes with his warm, captivating gaze. "Well, to begin with, you look like a fairytale. There's a dreamy look in your eyes, and the way you carry yourself—it's as if you don't belong in this world. You come across as someone who writes about fairytales and fantasy."

Remember when I said I had a thing for words? This was what I meant. His words made me feel a flutter of excitement. It might not seem profound to others, but as someone who loves words, his description was one of the most beautiful compliments I had ever received.
"Well, unfortunately, I don't believe in fairytales and fantasy," I told him, my voice steady with conviction. "And that disbelief extends to my writing as well."

Axel leaned in, his curiosity evident. "Tell me more," he encouraged. I took a deep breath, "Growing up, I engulfed myself in fairytales, hoping to find that 'happily ever after.' But as I stepped into the real world, I realized that life is more nuanced than fairytales suggest."
"I've witnessed heartbreak, betrayal, and the harsh realities that love doesn't always conquer all," I shared honestly. "Fairytales promise us a perfect ending, but in reality, relationships require effort, compromise, and sometimes difficult choices."

Axel nodded his head in agreement. "Noodles, guess what I'm going to do?"
I looked at him, drawn in by his twinkling brown eyes in the moonlight. They looked so mesmerizing. And I hated the way I got lost in them every time he looked at me. "What?" He gently cupped my chin and drew me closer. "You may not write about fairytales, but I'll let you experience one. After all, you only live once."
His words delicately plucked at the strings of my heart, creating a poignant melody of emotions.

I didn't realize how close we were until I could feel the beating of his heart against my chest. His warm breath caressed my face, and at that moment, it felt like the world had stopped.
Closing the gap, I pressed my cherry gloss-covered lips against his, tasting the faint hint of vodka. His kiss ignited a fire within me, melting away all other thoughts. I kissed him back with fervor, feeling like his lips were the very air I needed to breathe.

Just as the moment intensified, we were abruptly interrupted. Someone forcefully pushed me away.

A sharp slap echoed through the air, and I turned to see a girl standing there, her handprint visible on Axel's cheek. She glared at me with anger, and confusion washed over me as I glanced back at Axel.

The girl's attention returned to him, and she was seething with rage. "Who the hell is this girl?!"