Chapter 22

Nova

I walked up to the mirror, the dress was a nice red silk dress-not my style at all but it was Austin's idea. I took a deep breath.

Should I or shouldn't I-admitting love to someone isn't something that you actually take lightly. I was ready to give myself to him, heart body and soul.Body...I was practically shaking and my knees were about to give in. I slumped down on the bed.

A light knock came from my door, aunt Maggie was standing at the door.She smiled.

"Wow, you look gorgeous, going out with someone special?"

"I guess so." I gave her a weak smile, she sat next to me on the bed with a comforting smile.

"Something wrong?"

"No, not really I'm just nervous I guess."

"Nervous?"

"Well tonight is the night I admit to him that I'm in love with him, I'm prepared to give myself in whole to him, heart, body, nd soul-I haven't made a commitment like this since...ever."

"So he's the one you've been hiding from?"

"Kind of, I forgave him because I love him, but he doesn't know that I forgave him yet that sounds confusing and it is.Anyways, if he doesn't love me and I might be moving too fast, what do I do?" My mind was a mess and I don't think that anything really coherent came out of my mouth.

I wanted to move slowly in the first place, but now...I don't know.Maybe I should just stay at home-Austin and his stupid ideas sometimes.

"Calm down dear...take a breath" I took in a deep breath as she rubbed my back.

"Firstly, I can see that you love him, it's the right thing to do but...if he doesn't feel the same it's going to shatter you.It's a doubled edged blade.If you don't try then he might be your lost love, take a chance it will be worth it.Goodluck deary" She gave me a kiss on the cheek and left me.

Not the most helpful advice but it was something.

I placed my one foot in the black stiletto, looking down at the ground trying to make myself feel better about this.I put my other foot into the other shoe. It was now or never, I just had to do it-ah I feel like a Nike spokesperson actually. Just do it, well Nike was really wrong since it was the most terrifying feeling I was having and just doing it was making me want to run away.I walked out of the front door a few minutes later taking in a deep breath.

The place was around the corner so one of the taxi's I called got me there in a few minutes.I stepped onto the sidewalk, my knees buckled a little bit but I stood my ground. I am Nova Mia Spencer, I have handled way worse and this was nothing.

The hostess greeted me and asked, "Table for?" My hand slid down my dress nervously."I'm here with Hawk" She looked down at the chart and nodded, she walked me over to the table. As soon as I saw him my heart stopped for a bit and I felt like I couldn't breathe.He looked up and he studied me from head to toe.His eyes changed from a pale blue to a sea colour.

"Nova?"

"Ethan, this wasn't actually my idea-it was Austin's"

"I figured he lied since I don't just travel to Canada for clients, what are you doing here?"

"I...uhm "

"I'm sorry Nova" He pleaded, I sat down in front of him.His eyes pleading with me, I think I felt like I was drowning in my own guilt.I needed time to process my thoughts and in these two weeks, all I could think about was Ethan.