Chapter 14

Nova

I stood rooted in the kitchen when Ethan said "I'll find my way, to prove myself to you-I'm a lawyer I always find a way"

He wanted me to trust him, we admitted we like each other but I still didn't want to trust him. After his statement, e strutted out of my apartment with a smug smile on his face,but I had an upper hand because I know that there is no way in hell that I'll trust him. Not yet.

He can try his best, it's as easy as ignoring him and these weird feelings and getting on with my life. Although I have a  feeling that I'm not getting rid of him anytime soon.

Derek came back into the kitchen with a smirk on his face, so that's the reason why he wanted to keep Evan away from me he knew about Ethan, but how?

"Before you ask how I know, let me tell you this,  in the time I've been a bodyguard I've learned to read people-and it's so obvious really."

"Why do you always talk-stereotypical bodyguards keep quiet," I grunted, matchmaker much?

"I'm not close to stereotypical and in my training, we learned how to protect our clients the best foreseeable way, without me communicating with you I'd potentially kill anyone that comes near you."

"Ah I see, you keep me 'safe' that way-and other than that you enjoy my soap opera drama of a life-enjoying the show?"I asked with an eyebrow arched up.He flashed me his confident grin

"I've seen more entertaining,b ut yes" I rolled my eyes at him and trudged away, so much for my silent bodyguard ideas.

I woke up early, Derek changed shifts so there wasn't a sarcastic bodyguard that I could guilt into making me breakfast.I grabbed some grapes just before I headed out, today I had a few interviews for a co-baker and a waiter. 

Since Nova's Bakery is doing impeccably beter and I could afford it now, I decided it's time I enhance my staff.I stopped at the bakery, unlocking the door the other bodyguard whoever he was went in first, made sure everything was fine and dandy before he let me in.This was irritating to wait infront of my own shop because  of men that are after me and my attack dog must check my shop out first.

Normal people don't have to go throught this but then again since I met Ethan my life has been too complicated and I can safely say it's his fault along with Austin and his stupidity. I went in finally and started preheating the ovens, not long after the rest of the staff were here happily working away.

I have to say that I have some happy workers, I would like to keep it that way.

Daisy was making pie crusts when I heard the bell at door ring, I saw a few people coming in. They were all here to be interviewed, mainly for the co-baker position, none had the required skills.I found a girl who had experience as a waiter, she's funny and bubbly (I personally don't like bubbly people, because I think it's unnatural to be that happy) she would be great with customers and Daisy liked her, so I hired her.

Daisy is my right hand and when the bakery could stand up on its own I'm going make her a manager. It was almost closing time when a big burly man came into the shop-my first thought was "Oh, shit not them again-I need to get my pan!" With my pan in hand (Yes, I looked comical but no one except Daisy, I and this man was in the shop).

"How can I help you?" Daisy asked while I was a feet away, I still haven't told her about the men that were after me but  I don't want the atmosphere in the bakery to be tense, it's not nice working like that and I want it to be pleasant.