Chapter 16

Annie's Point of View

I laid down my bed as darkness enveloped me in my room. It's currently two AM and I couldn't get myself to sleep. Armin hasn't been replying to my texts but I'm not mad. He's probably going through the same thing as I am. I just hoped that he left me a reply but my messages are left on delivered. My anxiety kept on growing as scenarios of him alone crept up to the depths of my mind. My phone suddenly rang and I quickly grabbed my phone, thinking it was Armin.

It wasn't.

But it was someone I needed the most at this moment.

"Annie! How are you? I heard the news...Are you alright?" It was my mom.

"You know we're always here for you right? I know you wouldn't do that and that Christa is just doing this to stay relevant!" I heard my dad's voice in the background.

"Hey Annie! Cheer up! Did you read all the books I've sent you?! Tell me about Armin Arlert okay tell him I'm a big fan of his works!" as I heard my sister's voice, tears began forming in my eyes.

All the pain I couldn't feel a while ago came rushing in my body. Physically, mentally, and emotionally. I thought I was already strong enough but I'm still the same old weak Annie I was back then when I got into scandals.

I joined this industry thinking that I would have a great life being rich and popular, I was wrong. Instead, I just learned how to hate the world, how to hate everyone, and how to accept all of the criticisms they would throw at me without putting up a fight just to avoid 'adding more fuel to the fire'. I'm tired of everything.

"I'm fine...How are you guys?" I said with a soft voice as I covered my mouth, trying my best to stop them from noticing that I'm in pain.

"We're fine. Annie honey...It's alright. You can let it all out okay? You don't have to pretend for us. We're used to seeing you at your worst state so be yourself right now and do your best to resolve this issue okay?" My mom said with her motherly voice filled with love and compassion.

"M-Mom...I got fired. I c-can't provide for our family anymore. I've pulled all of you with me. I-I'm sorry if you'll get hate from now on. Mom, Dad I'm sorry for being such a bad daughter. Einna, I'm so sorry for being such a bad sister to you. I'm sorry Mom, Dad if other parents will look down on you for not raising me right, I'm sorry Einna if you'll get bullied for making me as your role model...I-I'm so sorry." I wailed as tears kept falling down my eyes.

I've let everybody down just because of my own personal reasons. But even if these thoughts came into my mind, I don't regret interacting with Armin. I don't regret going to his place. I don't regret making love to him. I don't regret loving him. These were my selfish reasons.

Even if I knew what I would be getting in the first place, I still continued to pursue him. Even if I knew I was getting my career ruined, I still went for him. I just love him so much that I'm willing to turn my back against the world just so I could be with him.

"Honey don't say that...There are more entertainment companies out there who are willing to have you once this scandal has been proven wrong. And once everything is resolved or even if it continues being this way, I'll still be proud, calling you as my lovely daughter." My mom said which made me weep more. They're what I badly needed right now.

"Now now then. It's very late so you need some rest. Call us anytime okay? We'll give you time to cope and resolve this issue. We love you honey! Love you sis!" They said on the other line.

"Hmm thank you...Love you too." I said before I ended the call.

I let my phone fall down the bed as I closed my view with the back of my hand, just freely letting my tears fall down my cheeks.

I stood up as I heard the doorbell ring. It was very late so I had no idea who was there. It must be a stalker or someone with a huge grudge on me.

As I went to my doorway and saw who was outside by the monitor, I quickly opened my door and pulled him in before closing the door and locking it.

I pulled him towards my sofa and caressed his face as I noticed how badly wounded he was. Blood was falling down the corner of his lips, indicating he was punched. Some sides of his arms turned to a hint of purple and as I raised his shirt, I just saw more brutality inflicted upon him.

"Annie, are you alright? You have lots of wounds all over your body. I'm so sorr--"

I cut him off by suddenly hugging him and crying on his shoulders. How could he be so selfless? The wounds I had on me were much more smaller and manageable than his. He was in much more pain than I was but why...Why does he check up on me as if I was the only one hurt?

"Armin...Why?...Stop being so selfless." My voice was muffled due to my face all snugged up on the crook of his neck, smelling his scent that comforted me.

"Annie...I'm sorry for not replying to you...The company took away my phone...They stopped me from going out as well." He explained.

I pulled away from him before standing up to get my medical kit. I needed to atleast help him with his fresh wounds. I sat down beside him and caressed his face once again. I would want to smack the person who did this to him as hard as I could. I began applying ointment on his wounds as he just stared at me.

"I'm sorry..." He muttered again.

"Stop saying sorry Armin."

"I'm sorry..."

"Armin."

"I'm so sorry."

"Armin can you stop!" As I yelled at him he embraced me in a tight hug. A hug that spoke to me, telling me it doesn't want to let me go.

"Annie I'm so sorry...I'm so sorry baby I'm so sorry." He said again and again which just made me burst into tears once again. He was hurt, he was in pain, he had all the right to be mad at me but he didn't. Why is my boyfriend so selfless?

"Armin...We can get through this okay? We've done nothing wrong but just love each other. I trust you, Armin and I love you so much." I whispered before pressing my lips against his.

He responded to my kisses as he held the back of my head. My hand caressing his cheek was drenched by his tears. We're both weak. But weak people tend to rely on other weak people to become strong. I'm weak and he's weak but if we're together, we're infrangible.

He pulled away before staring straight into my iris. He examined my face, gently stroked my wounds, and kissed my tears.

"Annie, can you let me tell the world that you're mine? Can we prove everyone wrong?" He asked.

I smiled and nodded before hugging him and placing my chin on his shoulders, closing my eyes and feeling his warmth on mine.

"Annie...I love you so much. I'm so sorry for every pain that I've caused you. I'm sorry if I couldn't protect you." He muttered and I shook my head, disagreeing with his statement.

"You make me not hate the whole world, Armin. We'll get through this. You're my safe place. I love you so much."