14 || Jet

I ran down the palace hall with Yue, giggling as we pretended to be water benders.

"Woosh!" Yue yelled as she swung her hands from left to right, "I just bended you into the wall!"

In response, I flung myself into the wall of the palace and acted as if I had fallen.

"You may be able to water bend me into the wall, but I can do this!" I yelled as I flung my arms aimlessly, pretending to bend.

"Princesses!" I heard a voice shout.

I quickly turned behind me to see our caretaker. She looked upset and worried.

"What's wrong?" Yue and I question.

"Girls, it's time to come with me, we gotta go real quickly." She hurried over to us and picked the both of us up, putting us onto her hips.

Yue and I looked at each other with worried faces as our caretaker hurried us out of the palace.

"Where are we going?" I questioned.

"Just a little trip on the boat." She said with a calming tone, but I could still sense her panic. Of what? I had no clue.

"What are you doing?" The boat man asked.

"Here you go girls, get into the boat." She said as she proceeded to set us down into the boat. Our caretaker then turned to the driver and began speaking to him.

"Hai what's happening?" Yue asked worried.

"I don't know, she's panicked. I don't know why." I said as my heart began to feel sharp the more I grew worried. I looked back up at my caretaker, trying to understand what she was saying.

"Something happened to her so they wanted an emergency evacuation of the girls." The woman said. Her words rang in my mind getting louder and louder until I heard a loud slam.

°°°°

My eyes shot open and I jolted awake to the sound of a shutting door. I get up quickly, thinking we may be getting attacked again, as I realize that I was laying on Zuko's shoulder while asleep.

"AGH!" I yelled as we shot away from each other and quickly stood up, gaining a fighting position, back to back.

"What's going on?!" Zuko said in an alerted tone. Well, more like an 'I just woke up but I'm trying to sound awake' tone. "Is the club meeting over?" Zuko asks as he and I both relax our fighting stance, seeing that it was just Iroh coming out of the room.

It was now day and the sun light peeked gently through the small windows of the building.

"Everything is taken care of." Iroh says as he bows to the man that helped us last night. "We're heading to Ba Sing Se." Iroh says with a smile.

"Remind me again why we're going to the earth kingdom capital?" Zuko says with a slight annoyance in his tone.

"The city is filled with refugees. No one will notice three more." The man from last night said.

"Like I said previously, we can hide in plain sight there and it's the safest place in the world from the fire nation." Iroh replied. "Even I couldn't break through to the city."

My head nodded for a moment before Iroh's words processed.

"Wait- break through to the city?" I said out loud with a shocked facial expression. "You're the Dragon of the West?!" I said with big eyes.

"Yes. I thought you knew." Iroh says confused and surprised.

"No. This whole time I thought people kept saying that as a figure of speech." I said.