03 || The Runaway

"Yue, where are we going?!" I ask as we ran through the palace.

"We have to find help for Katara and Aang!" Yue responded. We got to the front of the palace and started running down the stairs.

"Yue, Hai!" We turned to see Sokka on Appa, coming down in front of the palace.

"Sokka!" Yue yelled as she ran towards him.

"Your father instructed me to protect you two during the attack." Sokka said getting off of the flying bison.

"We need your help." I say i ran up to Sokka.

"With what? What happened?" Sokka asked looking at Yue and I.

"Katara and Aang were attacked." Yue said.

"Attacked? By the fire nation??" Sokka asked with an Angry expression.

"We think so. It was a fire bender with a scar." I respond, Yue nodding with me.

"Zuko.." Sokka said with an angry look. Sokka turned around and got back onto Appa's saddle as the sun began to rise. "Get on, were going to find them." Sokka said.

Yue and I climbed onto Appa's saddle. "They're behind the castle. We need to hurry." Yue said.

"Appa, yip yip!" Sokka said as Appa started flying.

This was my first time on Appa and it was slightly scary but not after I got used to it. I hope Aang and Katara are okay. I'm sure they are because they're both great at bending. I'm not sure that kid could beat the both of them. What was his name again? Zuko?

"Over there!" Yue said pointing to the spirit room we were in moments before.

Aang wasn't there and Katara was standing. Nothing looked burned from up here. Appa flew towards the ground and landed as Sokka, Yue and I hopped off.

"What happened?! Where's Zuko?" Sokka asked getting off.

"He took Aang. He took him right out from under me." Katara said with a sad expression. We all looked sadly down to the spot where Aang once was, that Momo now occupied.

"Where did they go..." Sokka asked.

"I can't believe I lost him." Katara said falling to her knees.

"You did everything you could." Sokka said as he comforted his sister. "And now we need to do everything we can to get him back." Sokka said as him and Yue walked towards Appa. "Zuko can't have gotten far. We'll find him. Aang's gonna be fine." Sokka explained.

"Okay." Katara said getting up, joining Sokka and Yue on Appa. I followed along. Momo then made a sad noise as he laid down where Aang once was. "It's alright, you stay here Momo. In case Aang comes back." Katara smiled as she sat down.

"Yip yip!" Sokka said as he moved the rope attached to Appa's horns. Appa then growled and took off into the air.

He flew past the waterfall and onto the top of the ice burg. It was freezing and a little dark up here. I've never been so cold before.

"Look out for footprints and Aang." Sokka said as we all nodded our heads.

We leaned slightly over Appa's saddle to examine the snow for foot prints. We stayed up all night, the sun was up now.

"So who's this Zuko guy?" I ask while still looking for prints and Aang.

"He's from the fire nation. He's the Firelords son, and he has this huge obsession with finding Aang." Katara said, also still looking for Aang.