14

Chapter 14 : The Issue Of Comrade Leo's staying and leaving

001

I was suddenly hit by the idea of rearing a cat, and attempted to negotiate the issue with Jungkook. Jungkook took one glance at me before responding, “Don’t we already have a dog at home?”

I grit my teeth and bore the humiliation silently, “Can’t we rear a cat then?”

“It’s enough that we are already housing a lazy glutton at present.”

Me: “……”

Undeterred, I continued, “Rearing cats has many benefits! It helps to cultivate patience, so we can view it as training for the future rearing of our kids.”

“No way, I hate furry things.”

“But you owned a golden retriever when you were young!”

“It was my dad’s choice to rear that dog, I had no say in it.”

“Don’t you want me to go jogging with you? If you let me rear a cat I promise I’ll go jogging with you.”

After trying to persuade him for one entire month, he finally relented and agreed to let me rear a cat. As my friend had coincidentally picked up an abandoned a Scottish fold at that time, I decided to bring it back home. When I first brought it back home, it was extremely smelly and dirty.

Jungkook was mildly displeased, “Why is it so ugly?”

“Don’t say that! My son is handsome!”

After bringing my cat for its vaccination, I brought it to the toilet for a bath whilst Jungkook leaned against the door and looked at us both. Smiling, I looked at him and said, “Our child’s dad, why don’t you think of some names?”

Furrowing his brows, he replied, “Anything will do……Be careful and don’t get bitten.”

“What should we call it? What about Money? I love Money, and I hope that Money would accompany me at all times.”

The cat which was originally laying on the floor seemed to have understood what I said and lifted its head to look at me. Jungkook was also tickled and laughed.

Later we named our cat, Leo.

002

Leo’s front legs suffer from certain defects. Thus, when it attempts to run with its tiny short legs, it would simply limp along, looking terribly silly and supremely cute. When I brought it out for a stroll, this stupid fellow maintained a lowered head the entire trip. As a result, it knocked its head on the electric pole with a loud ‘Dong’, and got so confused that it was unable to recognize me, happily running after other strangers instead.