21. 𝕸𝖔𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗

21 - Obvious ᴀ

21 - Obvious ᴀ. ɢʀᴀɴᴅᴇ

"Oh no! He collapsed?!..Yes...It is..uh-"

"Hello, this is Shigure Sohma." The man took the phone from Tohru and began talking to her aunt. Summer break was over and you were back at the Sohma house. Tohru was on the phone with her aunt. Apparently her grandpa collapsed.

"Is your grandpa alright?" Yuki asked as you got up and walked over to the group.

"Yes. He hurt his back but he's ok." Tohru told us.

"Goodbye then." Shigure hung up the phone then turned around to us.

"You can't hang up on someone else's." Yuki scolded Shigure.

"Well there was nothing left to say. You'll be visiting your grandfather tomorrow. As for the parent-teacher conference, I'll be going as your gradian." Shigure thought that was his best idea yet. Solving two problems at once.

"Huh- You can't do that!" The short girl squalled.

"It's not trouble. Sound good to you?"

"Yes! Thank you so much!" Tohru bowed uncontrollably.

The door to the house opens causing you all to turn. "What's up with the meeting in the hallway?" Kyo walked in taking his shoes off at the front.

"We were talking about the parent-teacher conference, For your futures." Shigure informed the red head. With a sigh Kyo walked past the group not even looking at you. "k. Night." With that he walked up the stairs.

You noticed his quick mood change from him coming till now. It was only a minute conversation, what could have ticked him off? Then it hit you.

'Once high school is over, he will be locked away. Forever.'

"oh no. Your Opa hurt his back?"

"Yea but he's ok now."

Yuki, Momiji, Tohru, and Hatsuharu were outside the school talking. Haru was on his game listening to the conversation.

"A man's back is one of his most prized positions." Haru told Tohru emphasized the one.

"Don't listen to him Tohru." Yuki sighed.

"Hey Tohru where is Kyo and y/n?" Momiji asked the girl, noticing the couple were nowhere to be seen.

"Probably fucking-"

"Haru!" Yuki cut off the boy a little too late.

you and Kyo were on the rooftop talking. Nothing more. He still seemed upset since last night so you decided to talk to him. You sat next to him. It was silent for a minute till you spoke up. Both of you at the same time.

"Y/n?"

"Kyo?"

You turn to see him already looking at you. This time with a small smile on his face. "You go first." You told him.

"What are you going to do about the conference?"

You have been asking yourself the same question. Every time you thought of it you'd change the subject or shake of the thought.

"I uh, actually don't know. My mom I guess?" You scratched the back of your neck giving an awkward smile.

"You haven't seen her in months y/n." He had a soft but serious look on his face. He stared at you dead in the eyes.

"I know but..." You were at a loss for words. You knew where he was getting at. Your mom made it clear she didn't want to see you again. "I don't want someone to fill in as my 'parent' if I already have one. Then again, like you said; It's been months. She doesn't want to see me."

Suddenly your phone rang. You took it out, your face immediacy turning into a frown at the name. 'Mom😕' the contact read. Kyo saw your face changed and looked over your screen. His face did the same, turned into a frown.

"Answer." And so you did.

You: Hello?

Mom: y/n.

You: Yes?

Mom: I'm going to the school thing.

Then she hung up.

You turned around to face Kyo again. "So um, looks like my moms gonna be there..."

A/N:

Short chapter. will probably update again later today idk. Bye I forgot the title