25. First Love

✯YOONGI✯

Yoongi desperately tried to distract himself from the anxiety he was feeling in your regards. 
Did Jimin find you? Was he keeping an eye on you? Did you let him?
As he sat by 'you', he eyed the forest below the arena, waiting for news of the contestants.
They had started hours ago, there was still no news, no champion which had come forth with the Triwizard cup, effectively winning the Tournament. He wanted his champion to win, of course. Yeonjun was a good student, he deserved the price and recognition. But your student deserved it as well, and so did the Ilvermorny candidate. This year's champion pool really was something else. He eyed Hoseok, observing him, trying to understand his thoughts.

   "Where is Seokjin?" Hoseok suddenly wondered aloud.

   "He's sitting somewhere close to Namjoon, I heard--"
    "He was hella anxious about the task," 'you' butted in, responding to Hoseok -
   "We had a couple too many to drink, last night," 'you' giggled,
   "Namjoon informed me he had him taken back to Mahoutokoro, to the infirmary, a couple of hours ago, right after the champions entered the forest. The official version is he has scufungulus." 'you' chuckled.

   "Poor bugger," Hoseok raised an eyebrow,
   "I hope he'll get well soon, it's sad he won't be here to witness the end of the Tournament."

Between the coaches, Hoseok and his colleague certainly had been the most attentive and supportive ones. You, Yoongi and Seokjin all had all been too distracted by the events that unfolded in the last couple of months. Yoongi's colleague was a good mentor, of course, and took his role seriously... but having only one, fully concentrated coach wasn't enough support for a Triwizard champion. He turned his gaze to his left, eyeing the fake 'you' - Jungkook was playing your role well enough – he was even using your own speech and signature expressions, could have fooled anyone who knew you. 'Poor girl' he thought, thinking of how your student was facing the last task withouth having benefited from actual last advice and support of both her coaches.

   "What's on your mind?" Jungkook asked, through your voice, in a tone only Yoongi could hear.
Of course, Jungkook had always been observant. Yoongi was never able to hide his emotions from him. Not now, not ever.

   "I'm worried about the champions, I hope they are doing well," he sighed,
   "I'm worried about you, if you know what I mean--" he added.

   "I'm sure she's fine," 'you' whispered back,
   "But I don't think she'll be happy about the stunt you pulled, with Jimin," 'you' sighed.

Jungkook was right. You would be furious. Yoongi knew he was going against your wishes by involving your best friend, endangering yet another person that you cared about - but he would have gone himself, had Namjoon not been eyeing him every two fucking minutes from his large seat amongst the ministers.

Yoongi kept a careful watch on him as well - if Seok-jun was in Mahoutokoro, he knew Namjoon would eventually eclipse himself to eliminate the man. Seeing him, still there, somewhat reassured Yoongi in the idea that you were okay. Namjoon didn't half-ass things. Surely, you were there to bait and keep Seok-jun trapped on Mahoutokoro... but he knew Namjoon would deliver the final blow. He wouldn't let him walk; he wouldn't involve justice: that's not how he operated. This whole thing was between Seokjin, Namjoon, Seok-jun and himself. They were the original individuals involved with the bow. You and Jungkook entered the picture on accident, and stayed because Namjoon needed someone else to shield his friends. Yoongi didn't agree with Namjoon's method - especially since it involved you and Jungkook. But there wasn't anything else he could do now but wait.