Chapter 20

Jade woke up twenty minutes later.
"Hey, babe. I checked another letter." Rick walked over to her.

"What'd you find?" Jade sat straight up.

"Nothing. I went back and looked at the other one as well. I was wrong. It doesn't say help me! It's just a normal letter! Plus Sylvia was mentally challenged. The nurses gave me a call and said she was mental. Jakob ran away because he stole a lot of money from the bank and is now in prison. So it all pieces together then." Rick lied.

"Oh... Really? That's craziness. I guess I can forget about all this then?" Jade raised a brow.

"Yes..." Rick sighed.

"Okay.... That's kind of good.. Right?" Jade tilted her head.

"Of course it is! We should celebrate!" Rick faked a smile.

"Yeah! We will too!" Jade said sounding unsure of herself.

The plane landed in California. Everyone got off the plane. Jade jumped into her car. Mara and Annie sat in the back with Rick. Ken sat up front with Jade. They drove to her house. When everyone got out that stretched their legs and walked around a bit.
"Mara... You should be safe. If you want go get a hotel and leave in the morning. It was a false alarm." Jade told her.

"So you mean you took me here for no apparent reason? Was this a prank?!" Mara hollered.

"No, Mara. I thought that you were going to get hurt if unattended. That's how it seemed but looks can be deceiving right? Like I said, false alarm." Jade rolled her eyes.

"I'm leaving tonight!" Mara threw her arms up.

"Forgive her ma'am. She can be rude sometimes." Annie frowned.

"It's okay..." Jade sighed.

"Thanks for everything ma'am. I'll be staying at my house. Goodnight." Annie walked away.

"I'm getting a hotel..." Mara mumbled.

"I'll be at the station. Get some rest Jade." Rick got in his truck and drove away.

"That just leaves me and you." Ken smiled.

"I'm going to bed, Ken. Sorry... Love you." Jade went inside and Ken followed.