Chapter 24

Ken drove to the Barters house. He stood in front of it and started cursing and yelling at the house.
"You caused all of this!! You did! Now I can't have Jade! Your taking her life away! You! Dumb Barters!" Ken screamed.

Darkness came out the house and went up his nose. Ken passed out...

Jade sat outside the station. She covered her face with her hands. Rick sat down next to her. He patted her on the back. She let tears fall. She let her tough girl character fade away. She sobbed and sobbed. She had lost so much in so little time. Jakob, Sylvia, and Mara. She still had Annie. She had to take good care of her. Annie was in the police station so she didn't have to worry just yet. 'Where did Ken go?' She thought. She wiped away her tears and got Annie out of the station. Annie glumly came out. She got in Jades car with Jade and Rick.
"I have to make sure Ken's okay..." Jade told them.

Ken woke up still at the Barters house. He woke up but couldn't move. Something moved him though. Ken lost control of himself. He saw what he was doing but had no control. He ran into the Barters house.

Jade drove to the coffee shop. She went in but Ken wasn't there. She got back into her car and drove to her house. Ken wasn't there either. She drove to his house and silently prayed that he was there. He wasn't though. She got in her car and slammed a fist on the wheel.
"Where is he?!" She hollered.

"Uh-oh.... He might be... At the Barters house." Rick gasped.

"Oh no!" She flew down to the Barters house.

Jade had her hand on her gun as she got out of her car. Rick and Annie followed. Rick had his gun out. Jade kicked the door open. Ken was sitting at Jakob's table. Jade's eyes widened.
"Ken?" Jade frowned.

"Jade?? What're you doing here?" Ken said only, it wasn't Ken.

"I figured you'd be here... But why are you here?" Jade's voice shook.

"I'm staying here tonight to prove there is no ghosts. If there is then I'm just gonna have to get rid of it, huh?" Ken laughed.

"Okay... But there is ghosts here. Well demons anyhow." Jade explained.

"Okay. Well let's see." Ken smiled viciously.

"That's a good idea I guess. But we need a pasture or something," Rick told them.

"My husband... He's a pasture. We need him." Annie spoke up.

Minutes later, Ollie, Annie, Jade, Rick, and Ken were standing around in the Barters house. Ollie had all the things he'd needed. Annie was shaking.
"Okay. When do we start?" Ollie asked.

"Tonight. Rick, Annie, and I are taking the second and third floor. Ken and Ollie will take the first and lower floors. After we investigate Ollie will you know what. Let's go." Jade spoke.

Annie, Rick, and Jade went up to the second floor. Annie looked around at the old belongings of Jakob Barter and the people before him. It saddened her a bit. Jade pondered about why the past owners had left all their things in the house. Apparently, Rick was too. A rocking horse rocked in the far corner to the left.

Ollie and 'Ken' trudged down the steps. Ollie sensed the room needed cleansed. The feeling got stronger as they got deeper into the basement. Ollie pulled out the bible and started reciting the verses. That made Ken go nuts.
"STOP!" Ken hissed.

"Excuse me?" Ollie stopped.

"I can't even hear myself think!" Ken sighed.

"I'm sorry, but we have to continue. If you would like to join the others upstairs, go now." Ollie's eyes narrowed.