Seven

Carlisle POV

"Whats the status of the paitent," I said rushing into the room. "Esme Ann Platt, jumped off a cliff," A nurse said frantically.

"Her body temperature is at 70° we need to warm her up before she gets into hypothermia," I called. "We need blankets, warm packs and warm IV fluid," I said.

"Ill get them," the nurse called out running out of the room.

"Does she have a chart with us yet? Admitted into the hospital for suicidal thoughts or anything?"

"No doctor Cullen, we havent checked yet," a nurse said.

"Go find it now," I demanded.

She nodded and rushed out of the room as well.

I wraped Esme in a blanket tightly. "Its going to be okay," I said touching her forehead.

She wont make it. Is it a monster if me to turn her? Selfish? I dont know why but I feel close to her. Wait? Is this the mate bond. I cant let her die.

I could see her breathing was slow. Respirations 8.

A nurse came back with a chart. "Not hers Doctor Cullen. Its her daughters... she died earlier today," she whispered.

I tensed but nodded. I have to help her some how.

"Lets work on getting her body temperature up, keep her on sedatives so she doesn't refuse and pain medication. Ill put the order in" I said.

"Do you have any other paitents?" The nurse asked.

"Yes move them around to other doctors this is and emergency case I dont want to leave here and come back and shes dead. Ill stay in here and monitor her. You are dismissed," I said.

"Yes Doctor Cullen," she said and left the room.

I went and sat down on the chair next to the bed and I worked on starting orders. I ordered extra morphine in hopes itll help with the transformation.

I stepped out of the room for a moment and handed the nurse the orders then I went and sat back down watching over Esme carefully.

I sighed. I need to call time of death before its too late to change her. Ill give it another thirty minutes.

The nurse came in several minutes later with all the medications. "Ill administer them," I said.

"Are you sure?" She asked.

"Yes," I looked over at Esme. I waited to give the morphine closer to the time of the transformation but I did give the sedative. Ill grab more once I take her down to the morgue. Thats the only way I can change her. I cant do it here. Too many witnesses. I administered the sedation through IV and sat back down. I saw her body relax, less tense. "Good," I sighed.

I looked around for a moment before going over to check her pulse. "40bpm," I whispered. Its time. I checked her pulse again and looked at the clock. "Time of death 7:55 pm," I said and covered her in another blanket but this time covering her face. I went outside. "Ill take her to the morgue," I looked down.

"She passed?" The nurse gasped.

"Yes. Two minutes ago," I said. "Pulse was 40 the last time I checked it, a few minutes later she was gone" I looked at her. "Can you finish charging while I take her down?"

"Of course Doctor Cullen," she said.

I walked off heading to the room. I didnt take out her IV just yet. I slowly pushed the hospital bed in the hall and down to the basement. On the way there I quickly grabbed extra sedatives and morphine shoving them in my pocket to use.