Four

Esme POV
.
.
.

I woke up to loud coughing. I rushed over to my baby monitors going off her struggling to breathe. "Baby breathe," I said holding onto her hand. I ran out of the room. "Help please she cant breathe," I said running to the nurses station.

The two nurses came running in with me tense. "Go get the doctor," one said.

The nurse rushed out.

The other one moved over having her sit up. Izzy coughed screaming kicking her legs.

"She cant breath help her!" I yelled at her.

"I know Esme. You need to calm down," she said. "The doctor is on his way," she said.

The doctor came rushing in a few minutes later with the other nurse. "Whats going on?"

"I woke up and she was coughing not able to breathe," I said tears in my eyes.

He went over using the stethoscope to check her lungs. "Get me a breathing tube now," he said.

The nurse nodding going to a cubbord getting out supplies bringing them over.

I watched them tears falling. "Please help her,"

"We are miss Platt, why dont you leave the room for a moment," the doctor said.

"No Im staying with my daughter," I demanded trying to go over.

"Nurse get her out of here," he said.

A nurse came over to me grabbing onto my arms. "Come on Miss Platt, you dont need to see this," she said forcing me out of the room shutting it behind me.

"Watch her," she mouthed to another nurse as she went back in.

"They wont let me see my daughter," I cried.

"Come on. Lets go sit down," the nurse said taking me to a waiting area.

"I cant just sit down. My baby is dying!" I screamed at her.

"Esme. Listen. The doctor is doing his all, you will be able to go back in when they are done okay?" She said.

"I want to go in NOW!" I demanded.

She tried to block my  view of them taking Izzy out in her bed. There was a breathing tube coming out of her mouth.  "WHERE ARE YOU TAKING HER!" I screamed.

"Esme relax," she said forcing me to sit.

The doctor looked this way before coming over.

"Where are you taking her?!" I said.

"To get xrays. I'm going to get set up for  a transfer to the NICU on the 3rd floor," he said. "Please just sit and wait okay Esme?" He said.

"How can you tell me to wait when my newborn child was suffocating in there. I'm not just waiting," I hissed at him.

"You have to Esme. We need to to more testing for her condition and work on a treatment plan. Now, I can have the nurse stay with you here, walk you back to your room or she can go with you outside or to get something to eat," he said.

"How in the possible..... how in the world can I eat at this moment Doctor??"

"It was just a suggestion," he sighs.

I moved to smack him the nurse grabbing my wrist. "Lets to take a step outside. The doctor will page me when Your child is back," she said and eyed the doctor to leave before I went to attack him. "Lets go Esme," she said pulling my arm.