6 - Alright.

Digging up the dirt, you wiped away the sweat that had been beading your forehead for a while now. Your breath came in irregular patterns and your legs felt like they'd fold any minute now. After two months of hard labour, you would think you'd be used to it by now.

"Hey, love." Newt came over and leant on a planted shovel he'd picked up from the ground not two minutes ago.

"Nice of you to join. I've been doing both our jobs, you're welcome." You spat, angrily.

"Well. Someone's bloody angry. What's up?" He asked finally starting his job: digging up the weeds.

You stopped for a moment, the heat was exhausting. "Didn't get any sleep at all." You bent over onto your knees and began planting the baby saplings. "I'm so tired."

Sympathetically, Newt patted your back. A common action, now. You hadn't been able to get a full night sleep ever since joining the maze. Well, it's not irrational. Being stuck between four walls for the rest of your life is quite frightening. You didn't exactly dream much.

"Well, take a break. Go crack open some moonshine. You need it." Newt smiled. "While you're at it, get me one too, will you?"

Nodding quickly, you jumped at the opportunity. You ran swiftly through the Glade and towards the homestead. Frypan packed all the drinks away from last nights bonfire. He tried to get everyone to taste his own alcohol-dependant drink but there were no takers. That was until he took all the moonshine away.

You snook through the doors, past the council hall and into the kitchen. Thankfully, Frypan wasn't working yet. You searched the cupboards but you couldn't seem to find the drink. Where was it?

As you frantically flew the last cupboard open, you heard a laugh from behind you. Oh, klunk.

Guiltily turning around, you saw the intruder. Gally. "What the shuck? Do you know where the damn moonshine is?" You asked, not wanting to waste time.

"Yeah, of course I know where it is. Why do you want it though, green-bean?" He asked dominantly.

The reason Gally still called you green-bean, only God knows. There had been two more arrivals since you but he could never drop it.

"Gally, I'm not in the mood for arguing with you, just tell me where you put it." You demanded, standing up and dusting yourself off.

Raising an eyebrow, Gally scoffed. "No. It's my drink, is it not?" His arrogance was just as strong as ever.

"I swear to the Creators, Gally. It's for Newt."

"And that should change my mind. Right." He smugly walked into the Council Hall.

Following him like an angry bull, you stomped up to him and grabbed him by his collar. You pulled him down to your height but there was nothing but amusement in his eyes.

"Gally if you don't tell me where you hid the shucking moonshine in the next five seconds, I will personally start planning your banishment."

"And if you don't let me go, I'll tell Frypan you're the one who wrecked his kitchen." He wore a sarcastic smile.

Ugh. You knew Frypan would probably murder you. You pushed Gally away and rampaged out of the homestead, your ears practically smoking. How he drove you mad.

Making your way over to Newt, you muttered to yourself about how annoying and how much of a slinthead Gally was. Your fists clenched at your sides.