13 - Bud.

You and Gally sat down simultaneously on the log that laid a mere fifty feet away from the box. The whole glade was expecting a greenie today and you two were on duty to call out when you heard the box coming up. Really, it was the easiest job ever, minus the silence that had to be maintained for almost two hours.

The sun was just setting and the stars were about to come out over the dark blue sky. A bit of wind was picking up but the summer heat wouldn't be overpowered by a faint breeze.

Sitting there, you decided quite instinctively that greenies weren't any fun anyways. "Hey, Gally right?" You introduced yourself to the boy you were partnered with.

Secretly, you did know his name. You knew his job in the Glade, his friends and even his favourite colour. You'd had a massive crush on Gally for the past two months since he'd helped yourself out of the box. His eyes caught onto yours and you fell immediately into his game.

Even though it was never said, most people knew but you doubted he knew because no one would say anything to either of you about it and if they did, them and either you or Gally would've been to drunk to remember.

"Yeah. And you're y/n. I remember helping you out the box not too many greenies ago." He stated.

"Mhm, two god-damned months in this prison. How did you and all the others survive three years?" You wanted to start conversation.

Gally paused for a moment, like he didn't know the answer. "Well, some of us didn't, did we? Have you heard of George?" You recognised this name but weren't sure where or when you'd heard it. The other Gladers had never talked about George when they do have a memorial for the deceased.

You furrowed your brows and turned to face Gally. "No, who is he?"

Turning to face you too, Gally smirked. "Well, you like spooky tales, huh?" A nod. "Good. Well, George was one of the first guys to get here, Alby knows him. And, long story short, he went missing one day, out of the blue and everything."

"Did he go into the maze?" You asked during Gally's brief pause.

Half-aggressively, he tugged on your hand enough to make you fall forwards next to him. "Don't interrupt." His rough voice, almost a growl.

Then, he released his grip and you pulled yourself together, noticing how much closer you were now to him. "That was what everyone thought for a while but after a trip through the deadheads to mark a new greenie on the wall, we found something. A camp. On the tree branches we found, was George's name."

Taking Gally's longer pause as a time to ask questions, you jumped at the chance. "So, he was alive and living in the Glade after all?" You looked up to Gally, confused.

"Maybe. But we did some other investigating and kept an eye on the place for a few days until nobody returned. Legend says, the camp's still there in the deadheads today and George is still creeping about the Glade." You saw Gally's grin under the shadows of his face and instantly felt the goosebumps craw up your arm to your neck.

Freezing, you heard the snap of a thing behind you and jumped forwards, cowering. Gally chuckled from above you. "Sorry. I just thought..." You trailed off into the evil of your own imagination.

"Hey, no one can hurt you when I'm here." Gally pulled you under his arm and his warmth made the goosebumps that were reluctant to leave, disperse with ease.

Taking a long breath to contain yourself, you smiled and hid under the shade of your hair. "Thanks, Gally." The silence stood tall, not awkward or uncomfortable but just relaxing. You heard multiple other sounds around you but that's all they were, sound.

"You know, I was surprised you had to ask my name." Gally said nudging you slightly. "Every one I know's been saying you like me." You froze.

"Pardon? That's ridiculous." You tried to put on your best lying tone.

A scoff from Gally. "Really? You think so?" You nodded. "Oh, I guess this wouldn't be a good time to tell you I've liked you since the day you arrived. Whoops."

You pushed away from Gally quickly, eyes wide staring at him. "You're joking." Your voice more questionable than before. He likes you too?

"Only if you don't feel the same. I don't want to make this awkward but-" Gally was interrupted by yourself smashing your lips into his and clasping your hands around his sharp jawline.

For a second, he pulled away. Gally looked for something in your eyes before pulled you into his lap and continuing the passionate moment. His hands wrapped around your waist perfectly and you both moved in sync. Gally had a hunger in his motions that begged for you although he'd never admit it.

Quickly, you were pulled apart. Your head flung to the side quickly. Newt stood there with a very confused and shocked expression. "What the fuck?" Did Newt just cuss? Not Newt, surely.

Amused, Gally put his index finger up and pointed to Newt, "Woah. I think you mean shuck. Bud."