Running through the halls

@Yasirashifts1234
(With your friends/bf/gf)

We set off straight away, rushing past the groups of students, dodging the onlooking teachers: running through the halls.

Feeling the tranquil, warm spring breeze on my face; the uneven cobblestone underneath my restless feet, aching to trip us up as we absentmindedly dashed over their cracks.

With each stride getting wider and wider, quickly picking up pace, I was determined to win. No prize, no ceremony, no reason... just the satisfaction of beating them at their own game.

With no real plan on where to go, I allow my legs to lead the way. Running as if we were being chased by an angry mob or running away from our nightmares, as if we were children all over again. Having no care in the world, no need to worry, no need to feel self conscious, no need to accept judgment from the other students in the halls.

The blur of colour just inches away from my grasp, so close I could almost smell the fresh flowers, the newly cut grass, the water from the black lake flooding up the hillside and into the castle. I found myself coming to a halt, leaning on the railing separating me from a thousand foot drop onto the bright, parakeet green cushion below.

Turning around, seeing them trailing behind me, taking my outstretched hand in theirs; clutching it tight as my head fell upon their shoulder, my body almost completely relying on theirs as I catch my breath.

The sound of young birds, students laughing on the lawn beside the lake filled my ears, enhancing the warm spring feeling- the wholesomeness that is this beautiful day. What's better than spending the last day before Easter with your favourite person?