Chapter 1

Please ignore any grammar mistakes, this is my first fanfic!

chapter 1

Meredith's POV

I had arrived in Seattle about a week ago after moving from LA. I had lived in LA for a few years after my mom passed of Alzheimer's. I decided to get a drink at a place called 'Joes Bar', I have heard some special things about this place, not really sure why though considering its just a normal bar.

A few drinks after I arrived, a tall, dark haired, dreamy eye man sat next to me.
"double scotch, single malt, please" He looked at me with wondering eyes, kinda as if I had something on my face.
"First time here?" He asked.
"yeah, why?" I questioned.
"I've just... never seen you here before" He said.
We talked and talked but after about an hour, my went just went blank and I can't remember anything, including his name. Pretty bad considering he is on my floor naked.

I was going to be late for work so I had to kick him out. I dropped a pillow on him and his whole body jolted, he looked at me as if I had just murdered his mom or something.
"You need to leave, It's my first day of work and I'm gonna be late" I said.
"why don't we just take off where we left" he said.
"Listen, I have to go shower and when I get back, you won't be here, so goodbye..." I froze as I forgot his name.
"Derek" He reassured me
"Right, Derek, I'm Meredith" I told him as we shook hands as if there was an agreement. I turned and headed up the stairs,
"well it was nice meeting you Meredith" I heard him say as I opened the bathroom door.

Its my first day as a general surgery attending at Seattle grace hospital and I went to see Richard. I knew him pretty well because he was good friends with my mother before she passed although I've always suspected that it was something more than a friendship.
Anyway, I knocked on his door and he told me to come in.
"Ah, Meredith its so good to see you, how have you been?" he asked.
"Doing good, how about you" I asked to be polite.
"good good, anyway we'll just get you started and I'll have another attending come and show you around" this is when I then heard the knock at the door and the door open.

"chief, you wanted to see me?" A familiar voice asked.
"Yes, this is our new head of general, Dr Meredith Grey, This is Dr Derek Shepherd head of neurosurgery" I turned around slowly knowing exactly who he was but I knew that I was not going to have the man who practically raise me find out that I had slept with this man so I stood up and again shook his hand then introduced myself.
"Derek do you mind taking Meredith to go and find her scrubs in the changing room?" he said  "Of course chief"

We walked in silence before I finally decided to break the silence and ask him why he didn't tell me he worked here, He said that he just didn't think that I needed to know considering we had only met last night. I agreed.

Derek's pov

She is so gorgeous and when I saw her again today, she just looked even better. I showed her around and she got changed into her scrubs. God how much I missed kissing her. Her piercing green eyes, they were so light its was almost as if you could see through them. I asked her again if she could go out with me again but she just refused.

"So, how come you only kind of live in that house of yours?" I asked. She looked at me confused.
"you erm said last night before...  you know, that you only kind of live in that house." I said. "Oh right, um It was my mothers and I grew up in that house but I might be selling it" She looked down at her feet nervously as she said it so I immediately realised that it might be an uncomfortable subject for her.
"I'm sorry, about your mom" I said
"Thank you" she said.

We both got paged down to the pit '911' so we both jogged down to the pit as a trauma came in.
"Scott Millard, 30, two GSW's to the chest and abdomen and a blunt force head trauma"
we took him into trauma room 2 where we did a full workup on him and he had a minor haemorrhage so I would have to do a surgery on that and Meredith would have to do a surgery to fix the damage the bullets had created.

"how long have you been here?" Meredith asked me
"about 6 years, I moved here after living in New York for my whole life but I had to get away, How about you? how come you moved?" I said
" I lived in LA for a few years then Richard gave me a good enough reason to come back" she said. I had to ask her again or I wouldn't forgive myself so I asked her out to dinner again and she thankfully agreed to one date.
I felt my heart rate quicken with excitement but I knew that I had to focus and get this surgery done without any complications.

The surgery went well and I just couldn't keep my eyes off her thinking about our date and how good she would look in a dress.
"tonight, 8?" I asked.
"yeah sure, um do you need the directions to my house?" she said
" I already know where you live, Meredith" I said as I chuckled.
she let out the most addicting giggle
"see you tonight" she exclaimed as she turned to walk away.