17. Acceptance

Hey there folks!💫 Ramadan Mubarak to all my Muslim readers! ☺♥️

Now, without any further delay...

Let's begin!💃🖤

Enjoy 🌸😉

_______________________________________

Hooriya's POV:

Two weeks later:

I sighed in relief as I took a sip of my chai. There had been a constant hustle bustle in the house today as some very important guests of Baba were supposed to be coming over for dinner, and not having anything else to, I'd also been helping around the kitchen as much as I could. Thinking of dinner, I was reminded of the night I had first met Suleiman after the whole nikkah ordeal. I closed my eyes in frustration as I was reminded of everything that had unfolded the last two weeks.

I was mentally exhausted after all the heart shattering Baba had thrown at me, and it became worse when he announced that we were leaving Islamabad the very next day and heading back to Karachi, alone. Usman Uncle had apologized right in front of everyone to Baba for Suleiman's reckless decision, despite it being no one's fault. Baba had brushed him off saying it was in no way his fault, and that he shouldn't be the one apologizing. The two men had hugged and passed each other somewhat warm smiles, for which I was glad. The thing I was most scared of was our sudden marriage causing a rift between the two families, but that luckily didn't happen, and I couldn't be more thankful.

Suleiman was nowhere to be found though.

Mansha, Madiha, Ahsan, Bilal and Umar all had been standing right beside me the whole time, and from time to time gave me reassuring looks and eased up my worry a bit by informing me that Suleiman had gone away as he didn't want to further ignite my father's anger again by staying here. I was still very much vexed and angry at Suleiman's reckless and thoughtless actions, so much so that I'd even gone as far as temporarily blocking him. I didn't need an explanation from him as I already knew why he did what he did, and if I'm being completely honest, I'm partially to blame as well.

But that doesn't mean I'm any less mad at him!

Everyone, excluding my father that is, had been pretty supportive of me. Their actions clearly conveyed that they believed me to be innocent, but were too scared of Baba to openly confess. Baba, on the other hand...

He hadn't spared me so much as a glance.

For as long as I can remember, Baba had always pampered me and spoiled me rotten with his love. I was the princess of the house in every sense of the word, so seeing this cold, emotionless side of my father was unknown and completely foregin to me. I knew he was going to have the biggest reaction out of everyone, but getting the silent treatment was certainly not something I was expecting. Mentally exhausted at the inner turmoil the events of the last few weeks had caused in my life, I took another sip of my chai.

¨HOORIYA API!!!¨ I jumped and almost spilled the sizzling cup of chai all over my dress as an over-enthusiastic Mansha banged the door open and barged into my room.

¨Mansha, ye kya badtameezi hai! Khuda ke liye knock kiya karo aander aane se pehle! (Mansha, what absurdness is this! Knock before you come in for God's sake!)¨ I glared at her and tried to somehow calm my frantic heartbeats. Just the thought of that boiling hot liquid spilling itself on me had me mentaly feeling the pain. Completely ignoring my comment, she let out an excited squeal. I gave her a perplexed look.