Head Cannon #1

Let's start this off with a head canon enjoy:

Cannon #1
In Catching Fire, had Peeta not been lying about the pregnancy, it would have changed the results of his hijacking. Had he not been lying we'd Assume that Katniss had admitted some sort of feelings to him. This being said, Snow would have definitely hijacked Peeta, seeing how Katniss cared for him, he'd know hurting him would result In her pain. The war, lasted for months, we can assume Katniss had been already a good five months pregnant in the arena. We know that the original reaping was in the summer, and the victory tour in the winter (for the northern hemisphere) so she would have become pregnant during the victory tour because when Katniss returned she had her wedding dress Photoshoot. It seems to be only a few days later when the photoshoot is aired which is immediately followed by the quell announcement and they wouldn't have done anything after that. When Katniss is in Thirteen, she hides her pregnancy and discreetly would give birth. When Peeta is rescued Katniss goes to see him and we know what happened then. As part of treatment, Haymitch suggests allowing Peeta to see his child. That does it, their kid is Peeta's off switch, looking undoubtedly like him the capital had no memories to hijack when Peeta sees his child he is able to sort what is real and what isn't.

A/N I wrote this a while ago so idk