Chapter 3-Training Camp Part 2

Chapter 3-Training Camp 2

The race from day 3 continues. Only 900 m remaining. Teshima does his best in blocking the first year's way hoping Aoyagi will soon catch up with him and they will go to the goal line, together.

The 3rd years are standing near the goal line, knowing that today's race decides the destiny of the 1st years and 2nd years. They know that all 5 of them are capable to do something great. Tadokoro-san knew that even though Teshima and Aoyagi don't have the talent, that the first years have, both of them were always working hard to become strong. He has been training with them. He knows them very well.

Makishima-san had told Teshima that he is a climber. He knew that Teshima is good at thinking strategy of race, but he doesn't have any talent in climbing and he thought that telling him to climb will certainly make him stronger because, in climbing, one cannot use tricks, they need strength. Originally, Teshima has always admired climbing and wanted to be a climber. Then he realized that he doesn't have talent, so he gave up on that thought. But when Makishima-san told him that he should be a climber, he decided to work on climbing again.

As a captain, Kinjou-san was a little bit worried about the racers. All of them were trying their best in racing. Imaizumi, Naruko, Onoda were racing even with the modifications in their bikes, and Aoyagi and Teshima were racing knowing the first years they are racing against have something that they don't and still they are giving their everything. He has been watching over Teshima and Aoyagi and he knows that they are getting good.

"It's just about time now!" Kinjou-san said as he and the other 3rd years fixed their gaze towards the empty road beyond the goal line.

Onoda was getting a little bit worried. He wants to fulfill his promise with Manami. He wants to race with him in inter-high along with Imaizumi and Naruko. But he didn't know what to do. Even Naruko and Imaizumi failed to try to pass through Teshima. Aoyagi may catch up with Teshima soon and then all their chances might get destroyed. He was forcing himself to think to do something. He is getting worried.

"Why are you worrying alone?" Imaizumi asked Onoda who seemed restless and worried.

Onoda looked at him, his eyes full of worry.

"We don't have any plan." He said looking down.

"Do you think need one? Don't worry! We don't need a plan because we have the strength." Imaizumi kept his hand on Onoda's shoulder.

"Right, Onoda-kun!" Naruko also kept his hand on his back.

Both Naruko and Imaizumi were tired. That's the reason Onoda was worried about what to do. But both of them knew even if they can't, Onoda can. With his strength, he can pass through Teshima. Both of them insured him that they will definitely find a gap and will catch up with him.

"Go, Onoda!" both Imaizumi and Naruko pushed him and Onoda started his high cadence cycling on the slope to break through Teshima. As Teshima saw Onoda coming, he was surprised with his cadence. But Teshima had already thought that at some point he will face to face Onoda. As he had seen the video of Onoda's race against Imaizumi on the mountain, Teshima concluded that Onoda can only use his high cadence climb for 40 seconds. Onoda catches up with Teshima and tries his best to keep up with him. On the other hand, Teshima is confident that he had saved enough energy to beat Onoda. He was confident that he will defeat Onoda in 60 seconds.

Even though Teshima finished his counting Onoda was still at his full power. He didn't give up. Teshima understood that Onoda's stamina has increased in these 3 days. Onoda finally passed Teshima and seeing that Imaizumi and Naruko speed ahead leaving shocked Teshima behind.