Chapter One: How did we get here?

Hyakkaou Private Academy, one of Japan's most prestigious schools.
And I was attending it.
My name is Rei Tsubaki. I'm a Transferring second year here. Legally, I'm here on a mid year scholarship, but in all honesty I gambled for a housepets place as a student. I paid what remaining debt they had to the school and student council so that I could have a fresh starting point. Though it seems that no matter what you'd try people will always stare.

I arrived rather early so that I could get a proper look around the school grounds and might I say, the current Student Council President has surely outdone the others.
Towards the back of the school grounds I happened to discover a large, rather thematic garden, with flowers organized by color in a chessboard style pattern. Fitting enough,in what would be considered the center of the board there was a small clearing with a table and two seats. Imbedded in this table was a beautifully crafted chessboard.

I had begun to space out admiring the board when the sound of someone walking brought me out of this trance. Trying to keep my calm, I continued to examine the pieces and their wonderful craftsmanship.
In front of me stood a gorgeous woman with these piercing icy blue eyes.
"Enjoying the Councils gardens before school hours hm?"
I would have dropped then and there if I could. A slight panic over came me as I realized she was basically telling me I was trespassing on private grounds. I should have figured a place like this would be only suitable for the best in the school.
She seemed to realize my panic and let out a small laugh,
"It's alright, I won't tell anyone," she lifted one of her fingers to her lips, "It'll be our little secret."
I simply nodded, and she made a motion to me to sit down. I did so and she sat opposite to me.
"How about a Gamble?" She made a simple gesture to the chessboard in front of us,"For every piece one of us captures we may ask one question that the other must answer truthfully. Deal?"

"Deal."

And that's the start of how I unknowingly decided to gambled with the Student Council President my very first day at the Academy.