The Curse Of Mystic Land

After searching for an hour, I still couldn't find it. I remember I had this book long back, I bought it because it had this amazing cover and it was the last piece left but I didn't read that book. I guess I might have kept it in the storeroom with other old stuff. I get to the storeroom, there is a box name my favourites. I dig into the box and in a paper-wrapped cover is the book.

The Curse of mystic land.

I get goosebumps as I read the name of the book. Is this the history of this place? It looks like an old book but with dark secrets. Every answer to all my questions is there in this book.

I get to my room. Look at the watch it's 9:30 PM. I decide to have my dinner and then sit to read the book as I have a holiday tomorrow. Staying up today won't be an issue.
By 11:00 pm, I am done with everything. I take my blanket and start reading the book.
_______________________________________

The Curse Of Mystic Land

Once upon a time,
Mystic land used to be my home until I had to run away from it to keep it safe. Things took a bad turn when I was turned. I miss my home.

It's been years since I have been to mystic land. It was a beautiful place, the land where I was born, where I had most of my memories.

It was so cold that night I was standing near the lake. Lost in my thoughts I didn't even notice her coming until she whispered, "Your majesty, what are you doing here? It's late-night--", I cut her words and turned to her. With a soft smile on her face, she offered me a teasing look. I smiled back and replied, " First of all, don't you call me your majesty you know I don't like to hear that from you. You are my best friend, Spence.", she gives me a mischievous smile. "I know Dylan, but I love to tease you", we both turn to the lake watching the reflection of the moon in the water.

"So why are you here?", she asked as she looked towards me. I could feel her gaze on me, without looking at her I replied, " I miss her Spence. It's been a year now. I can't just ignore the fact that she is no more with us."
She puts her hand on my shoulder and leans to put her head. She says nothing but I can feel what she wants to tell. She wants me to move on but I know this is not easy.
My mom was everything to me. Losing her was my biggest fear and it had come true last winters. She died because of her neverending pain. I still remember the screams, she was in so much pain and I couldn't do anything but watch her die in my hands. I wish I had some power to save her. But now, she was gone. Gone forever.
“Dylan, I know the pain of losing someone you love the most. I have never seen my family and your parents have been my parents. Her death was the most terrible thing and I miss her too. But there is nothing you can do when things are not in our hands. So just think of all the good times and remember the best moments. That's what we can do, right? ”,  she said this and I could feel tears rolling down from her eyes.
_______________________________________

Since the death of my mother, dad and my elder brother, Toby has been looking after the kingdom and family. I am Dylan Matthew, the youngest son of Marco Matthew, the king of mystic land. It was the summers, the time when I and my brother, we go to visit the town and stay there to look after the needs of the people.

This year we were planning to organise a royal ball at the palace to celebrate the new year and welcome the winters. It was the last day in the town and we had announced the royal ball and everyone was invited to it.

On the way back to the palace, we decided to watch the sunset at the lake and then continue our journey. "Brother, are you excited about the royal ball?", I asked Toby as we walked through the woods. " I am not that excited, after all, I don't have a partner", he said with a small smile on his face. I know what he meant exactly. Since he was always working with dad he didn't have many friends. He always used to tell me that I was lucky that I had a friend like Spencer, who understands me in all my problems.

We reached the lake, the sun was not down yet so we freshen up ourselves near the lake. The sun was going down slowly. The colours started to spread in the sky. It had all shades of red, orange, pink. With every minute the sun was meeting the water and going down deep, the meeting of the sun and the lake water showed the beauty of togetherness.
" It is so beautiful and it feels so peaceful to watch it. " I said as I close my eyes and feel the warmth of the light sun rays on my face and the cold breezes touching my face. Soon it was dark. We decided to reach the palace. It was not that far now.

We started to pick our things when suddenly we heard a scream, it came from the woods. We looked at each other and then slowly started to move towards the woods. A girl came running out of the woods and a wolf following her. She almost fell on her knees as she hit a rock. The wolf slowed down and started to move slowly towards the girl. I waved to Toby and he removed his dagger from his bag. He moved slowly to attack the wolf from behind when the wolf turned to him and leapt on him. The wolf attacked toby and the dagger from his hand got away. The wolf was all over him and trying to bite him. I took the dagger from my bag to attack him, I went slowly towards him and the moment I was going to kill the wolf, the dagger Pierced through the wolf. I looked at my hand I had my dagger just above the other dagger. I didn't kill it but then I looked to my right, I saw the girl, she killed the wolf and fell.

I helped my brother. He was all bleeding, he had many cuts on his body. The girl was lying there unconscious. She was bleeding when I saw her kill the wolf but when Toby went near her there was not a single drop of blood. This was strange but I ignored the fact. As we reached near to help her. Her eyes wide open and she was scared. She looked at both of us her eyes shifting from me to Toby.
" Thank you, Miss, for saving my life, but what were you doing in the woods at this time?", Toby asked as he sat near her.
" Your majesty, I am Katherine and thank you for saving my life. I was bringing woods to lit the fire. But got lost and then the wolf came from nowhere. And, and I think I should leave it's too late. I will go safely from here", she said as she got up.
And before we could say anything she left.
_______________________________________

Not talking about it anymore we walked towards the palace. Toby told dad about everything that happened. He was proud and at the same time, he showed his concern. Later that night we had dinner together. We discussed the Royal ball and soon we headed to our rooms.

I wanted to meet Spence and tell her everything but I couldn't find her in the palace. While I was searching for her I saw Toby going towards the lake and I went behind him but suddenly someone pulled my hand.

"Spence? Don't scare me like this.", I almost yelled at her. She laughed at my reaction and then we went to our favourite place, the topmost room of the palace. That's where we spend most of our time. It was a small safe place and we had made memories there. We talked the whole night there.
Since it was on the top of the palace I saw Toby near the lake, that's when I remembered the strange thing I had seen. I told Spence about it and she was as confused as I was.
" Are you sure you saw blood in the first place", she asked me and I nodded saying yes. Suddenly our attention went to the girl who came near Toby. It was not that clear but I was sure it was the same girl we met today.
"What is she doing here? ", I say as I look at Spence. She looks at me and then at the girl.

(I hope you guys are enjoying it. Sorry for the late update. But do tell me your views.)