7. Little Angel's Heaven

I dedicate this to Anando's (my best friend) mother who unfortunately passed away day before yesterday. Rest in peace, Aunt.

----------------------------------------

Sleeping is usually a simple thing. A person just has to close his eyes and slip into a restful blackness or perhaps a mirage of colours and bustling movements- a dream; good or bad depending on the many thoughts, fears and desires tucked away in his subconscious. Simple thing? Indeed it is for most of the people but for Mohini today was a different case.

When Aryaman was busy reminiscing about 'Ella' and how lucky he was to meet Mohini, neither was Mohini able to drift to the dreamland that she wandered into most nights. It wasn't because of the same reason as Aryaman's instead it was quite opposite.

Their families had fixed the date for their engagement. The shubh muhurat *(auspicious time for a ceremony to take place) was on Gudi padhva that was exactly seven days away. What would have been the best day to start their new journey as couple than the Hindu new year.

Mohini hadn't thought that her parents were this serious. She used to attend the blind dates with the hopes that her family was eventually going to reject the person. But this time they really have found her a so-called prince charming. To be honest she didn't have any problems with Aryaman, yet. With yet being the key word. There still were many things that she needed to sort out before getting married. Her mind was full with the questions like-

Should she really marry Aryaman? Was she ready? Would Beastie really accept him?

She needed to talk to Isha because she would marry him only and only if Isha agreed if not then she would somehow call off the wedding. Nothing in this world would make her deny Isha's wishes. So it was final- ask Isha what she wants; if she agrees then she would take her to meet him; if she denies then somehow break the engagement.

And with that endnote Aryaman slipped out of her head but Isha did not. She leaned towards the nightstand and started rummaging through the drawers. But she couldn't find what she was looking for. A photograph of her adorable Beastie was always kept in there but where has it gone now. She could have kept it somewhere and later forgotten about it.

'Just one more day. Tomorrow little angel will be back.'

Assuring herself she slipped her feet in her slippers and walked out of the room. On her way to the kitchen her steps halted in front of Isha's room. Boy, staying away from the girl was drawing her crazy. One month away from her and already she was missing her as if she hasn't seen her in a decade. Sighing she went in the kitchen and made herself a coffee for she couldn't see sleep coming anytime soon.

-----------------------------------

The sun was going down shedding its mild rays from the western sky painting the sky with beautiful shades of orange and red. Isha remembered her mother once saying that sunsets were just little glimpses of the golden streets of heaven.

A girl, not more than thirteen, was standing in front of the semi-detached villa that she called her heaven. Even though her mind was a mess with the extended range of emotions flowing in her system all at once, her heart felt as ease. And why wouldn't it feel at ease, after all staying away from her home for a month had made her realise how much empty she was without her mother and this place. On the very first day of her course she wanted to come straight home.

" Your bags are so heavy. What have you stuffed in them?" she turned her head to look at a whining man who was busy fetching out her bags from the car. When she noticed the pout on the face of the man a chuckle left her lips.

"Arth bhaiya, can you just stop with your fretting over. The bags aren't that heavy. I just packed necessary items in them Nothing much." she said.

" Nothing much? Are you kidding me? All this bags combined could weight equal to an elephant . " He asked eyeing her luggage sceptically when in reality it wouldn't have been difficult for a man in his late twenties to carry those bags. He was just trying to get playful with the girl he had practically helped raising. This two were always ready to step on each other's nerves. And if anyone ever saw them bickering the person wouldn't believe that this man was twenty eight because together they acted like six year old twins fighting over candies. Well there were some instances where they literally fought over candies. But let's keep that story for some other time.

" Stop whining like a half roasted piggy and let's go inside or else Mumma would drag us both inside if she saw us here. " Climbing three stairs she went to the shoe cabinet that was placed outside the door. She placed some shoes aside to get access to the tiny secret slid where the spare key of the house was always kept. She could have rang the doorbell but why bother her Mumma when she herself could open the door.

The air inside the house was warm and filled with sweet aroma that could make anyone's mouth water. A lady in a beautiful perfect figure was in her kitchen unfazed by the world outside. With a spatula in her hand she was swaying to the beats of the songs playing on the radio. Now and then she would stir the gajar ka halwa*{carrot based sweet dessert pudding}. What could be a better way to welcome someone home than a dinner consisting of the person's favourite dishes?

"This is a robbery." a voice echoed throughout the house.

----------------------------------------------

Author's note: I am really sorry for not updating this book for last two months. Believe me guys I myself was feeling gloomy about it but I had a valid reason for not updating otherwise I would have to give up this book all together. I am grateful that you were patient and I promise I will update regularly now. Lots n lots of love.

Monti