3. Her Crazy Friends

"Since I have agreed to all three conditions does that mean you are ready to marry me?" He asked. His eyes were glittering with hope yet his body language seemed normal.

Upon hearing his question Mohini thought for a second. He looks good. Also, he is the heir to Nanda enterprises, so he has a good income, even if that thing least of my concerns. He seems modest. He even accepted my conditions.

Do I have a single reason to reject him?

Well I dont. So is it a yes? Yes.

"Since you have accepted them all and you don't look bad either, I have no reason to reject you." She chuckled.

"So my dear soon-to-be fiancée are we supposed to inform our parents about our decision or are we going to elope?" He asked with a broad grin on his face.

Even though trust held huge meaning for her, she never blindly trusted people. She usually analysed what the person does, how he does it and why. Hence, you could have expected her to inwardly cringe on hearing the word 'Dear' and think that Aryaman was some sorta of weird pervert. But she didn't because the way it sounded wasn't perverted at all.

For a moment, she got confussed that was he joking or being serious.

Which arranged couple elopes?

So that was a joke. Right?

She smiled at the his attempt of cracking a joke and said- " I will talk to maa..." she got inturpted by her phone's beeping.

Her phone's screen was flashing the words 'WORLD'S NO. 1 BEAUTY '

Mohini saw Aryaman's face scrunched in confusion. Since her phone was on the table he had seen the caller i.d. Geez...

"Umm.. i- if you are fine with it... I need to answer that call." She asked.

"Sure, you can"

Off course, she was well aware that it wasn't decent to receive a call when you are meeting someone but it was her call and she could not avoid it. If she did then she most probably would throw a tantrum later. So answering it was a better option.

"What took you so long to pick up?" Barked Arth (* pronounce it the same way we say earth)

She checked the caller i.d. once again. It was supposed to be Vini since it was her number. Then, how come it was Arth?

Then Vini spoke- " hey Mohini, are you there?"

"Yeah, but what are you guys doing together?"

And this time it was Anirudh who spoke. "What's the day today Mohini ?"

His tone was as calm as ever but she could imagine his expressions. After all they were her best friends.

"Holy shitttt..." she muttered under her breath. Let's just hope that these people do not pop out of the phone and kill her. She was supposed to meet them today. You are in deep shit Miss. Patidar.

"Guys I am really sorry. I literally was so busy that I forgot."

"How could you" all three spoke in unison.

"Your majesties, this lowly sure has committed a crime and is ready to accept the punishment but for now, she has to hang up."

And to worsen the matters. The waiter came and said- "Sir, Ma'am, your order." In order to keep the cups on table he had leaned in a manner that when he spoke he was near her phone. And an outburst of questions from the other end ensured the fact they were able to litsen it.

Anirudh: " Are you in a cafe or restrua?"

Mohini: " cafe"

Arth: " Are you with a guy? "

Mohini: "um.. yes"

Vini: " Are you on a freaking date?" She practically shrieked.

Mohini: "kind of"

"You are a traitor."

"How could you hide such a thing from us?"

"Now, give the phone to him." Demanded Vini.

No way in hell she would let them talk him. She was pretty sure what these monkeys were capable of. Either they would make fun of her or scare him away. And at the moment she don't want either of these to happen.

"No, I won't."

"Ani, what do you think we should do with the breaking news that Vihan gave us?" It was Arth who said it.

She sighed. "Vihannn.... I swear I will kill that guy."

She cleared her throat and looked at Aryaman who was looking at her with amusement.

" My friends wanna talk to you." Please say no. Please say no. God please don't do this to me. She obviously wanted him to tell no. But instead he said- "oh yeah"

It was quite interesting for him to watch Mohini like this. He surely felt grateful towards the person who called her because if not for them he would have not been able to see this side of her. And when she said that her friends wanted to talk to him, he was more than exicted. He wanted to know who were these people who had such an effect on her.

She passed him the phone reluctantly.

"Hiii everyone, I am Aryaman."

As a reply came an excited voice of a girl- "It's so good to know that Mohini is finally dating someone."

This time a man spoke. "Take good care of her."

"Sure, I will."

Another man said in a cold tone - "A kind reminder for you. Never try to bully her. Or else we three..."

Just then Mohini snatched the phone and said- " guys enough talking. Bye."

As soon as she disconnected the call, her phone again rang.

"What is it now?"

There was a brief pause when they answered and then she sighed.

" I love you guys to the moon and back. Happy now? Bye." Damn they called back just to make her say that she loved them. Woahh..that's crazy.

"They seem pretty close to you."

"Yeah... we were in the same school since grade 3 but became best friends since grade 10. Even time couldn't break us apart."

"May I know who Vihan is? You cursed him when you were talking to them."

"More of a trouble than a friend. We were in the same school, hell we had same friends since childhood and our mothers are cousins so we pretty much know about affairs going in each other's family. So he tells my friends some of the things that they can use to blackmail me just the way they did now.

Anyways what did they tell you?"

"They think we are dating. And one of them was basically threatening me not to bully you."

"Sounds like them. Well can we keep our engagement low profile and act as if we are girlfriend boyfriend?"

"Huh?" Is all he could say.

"Don't get me wrong. I just wanted to date someone but never got a chance after high school. Let's see what could have happened if we were in a relationship instead of this engagement thing."

"If that is the case then I will have to do whatever my girlfriend orders me. Right?" Still he couldn't understand why she wanted to hide it from the world but since he already made his mind to make her his he agreed.

What do think about her best friends? Also do you have any Vihan in your life?

I do have.

Dont forget to tap on the star somewhere down there.👇👇👇