questions | pre/post-aogiri

Genre: Angst(?)
Status: Edited

You couldn't tolerate another day. Screams and begs filled the eerie silence of the huge torture room. All you could do was watch, and listen to the agonizing echoes as you slowly lost your sanity. How many weeks has it been since you ended up here? How many of your friends died for entertainment? Why were you still alive?

The only question you could've answered was the last one. The reason you were still alive was because you weren't allowed to die. You were a human and with just a few minutes of excruciating torture, you could instantly die. Yamori didn't want that. He wanted to hear your pleas and cries. He wanted you to feel helpless as you watched your friends die one by one. He wanted you to be 'ripe' before he captured Kaneki. All of your pain was for the sake to make Kaneki lose his sanity.

Yet again, it was another day of staring through the bars of your prison cell. It was another day where the bags under your eyes had turned darker. It was another day where you were shriveling like a rotting fruit.

"[Name]." You heard a gruff voice ahead of you. Though the voice belonged to a buff man, he really was the only kind person who provided care for you in this hell.

"Banjou?" You groggily called out.

After unlocking the cell, he placed a tray of stale food in front of you. "Be prepared for today."

"What makes today any different?" You sneered at his stern tone.

Although he didn't answer your question, he looked at you with sorrowful eyes. "I'm sorry," he muttered under his breath as he left the small cell and locked it.

Like any other day in this darkness, you did nothing. All you did was lean your head against the crumbling wall as you stared at the torture room ahead of you. The black, and white checkered floor was the only source of color that prevented your eyes from turning duller.

"Is it day or night? How many hours has it been? Why must my situation be so vile?" You spoke to no one in particular. You just spoke to the polluted air all over you. Yet, that didn't matter to you. Dirt and your own sweat could cover your body for all you care. All you wanted was for someone to save you. Questioning yourself was the only way you could've grasped the little sanity you had left.

"[Name]? [Name], are you here?!" The familiar voice widened your eyes in shock. Your arms, and legs trembled as you pathetically crawled near the bars. There, in front of you, was the man you treasured. You were very sure it wasn't a hallucination that signaled you fully lost your mind. His black hair and gray eyes were too real to you.

"Kaneki! It's really you, Kaneki!" Tears of bliss streamed down your cheeks as your fingers felt his hands that clutched the bars.

"Everything will be alright." His sincere, and calming voice felt like embraces of safety. The frost that spread inside your body had suddenly melted along with the insanity that you thought would take over your brain. However, it was just too good to be true. You completely forgot about the ghoul that would once again drive you to the brink of madness. Not only that, but another question came to your mind.

Why was Kaneki here?

Behind Kaneki, stood the grinning Yamori. The sight of the monstrous ghoul caused your heart to beat tremendously as you quickly backed away from the bars.

"I don't want it! I've had enough! If you want me to suffer, then just kill me! That's what you want, right?!" You cowered near a corner and cried.

"Calm down, [Name]!" Now, Kaneki's voice sounded distant. Your ears blocked the sincerity and instead, you heard your shouts of anguish echoing loudly.

"You demand too much, [Name]. This is splendid!" Yamori's voice also sounded distant, but that didn't stop your fear from accelerating. You continued to scream even when your throat became sore. You didn't know when it began, but the piercing howls of Kaneki had caused insanity to return.

"Please, don't torture him! Stop it!" You've pleaded for who knows how many days. The sounds of his flesh being ripped apart broke your heart bit by bit. You refused to see the terror in front of you, so your hands covered your eyes that were spilling with endless tears.

Day after day, his wails and shrieks wouldn't stop. It was like an everlasting nightmare for the both of you. It actually disappointed you that you hadn't lost your sanity. It would be quite pleasant if you could just lose your mind, and not have a care in the world.

But one day, his suffering had suddenly stopped. You didn't know if your ears blocked it, or he actually stopped. Yamori's maniac laughs had also stopped. His insatiable joy of suffering had turned into his own cries of frustration and pain.

That still didn't mean you allowed yourself to look. You would rather look at the darkness than look at all the gore. All you heard were the echoes of your wails and nothing else. Though, out of nowhere, you heard a loud screech belonging to the bars of your cell. Reluctantly taking away your hands from your eyes, you glanced at the man in front of you. It wasn't the beast you were terrified of nor was it Banjou. The man with the torn clothes, hair white as snow, and gray eyes was Kaneki Ken.

"K-Kaneki?" You were dumbfounded at his sudden change in appearance. Kaneki walked closer to your exhausted figure as you proceeded to stare at him with amazement. He bent down and swiftly embraced your frail body.

"Everything is going to be alright. I'm sorry that I couldn't have saved you sooner," he whispered into your ear to hopefully not startle you. Although you had so many questions as to how and why this happened to him, you just wanted to savor this heartwarming moment. He had rescued you from your imprisonment, but was he saved?