chocolate peppermint | pre-aogiri

Genre: Fluff
Status: Not Edited

Anteiku had always been your favorite place to relax. Just the strong scents of coffee and sweets were enough to ease your stress. The waiters were also very kind to the customers, and that only made you extremely pleased. If you had to describe the small café, you would describe it as a vast sea where anyone could be calm. However, those weren't the only reasons why you visited Anteiku. Let's just say a certain black-haired man caught your attention.

When you first saw him, you admitted to yourself that he was quite adorable. If you had to choose one of his characteristics that mostly caught your attention, you would have to choose his exposed eye that screamed innocence. Every time he smiled, his eye expressed joy and that caused you to become flustered. The only thing that made it odd was that he was the one who always took your orders. It could just be a coincidence, but that didn't change the fact that it made you interested in him.

You waited about five minutes for a waiter to take your order. Waiting didn't bother you since you were still deciding what you wanted to have. You've always had your usual beverage, so it would be good to try something different. Your own thoughts of the kinds of foods and drinks were soon disturbed when a familiar voice rang through your ears. When you turned to face the person, excitement overwhelmed you.

"Nice to see you again. May I take your order?" He genuinely smiled. A blush was demanding to show on your face, but you restrained that blush from making yourself look like a lovesick fool.

"What's the coffee special?" You sheepishly asked.

"Chocolate peppermint coffee."

"That sounds good. I'd like to order that, please." You gave him the menu after he wrote down your order.

The more you waited for your order, people began leaving the café. As you looked at a cherry blossom tree through the big window, a cough disrupted your admiration for the charming tree. The man placed the dish with the cup of coffee on the table. However, he seemed fidgety. "I hope you enjoy."

"Thank you," you said to him before he left. You stared at his wobbling figure as he went behind the counter, and began drying the utensils. You were about to grab the handle of the cup, but you noticed a folded piece of paper on the dish. It could've been garbage yet, your curious self demanded your fingers to unfold it.

"I forgot to mention that a note comes with the special. Well, only for you. If it's not too much to ask for, I would like to get to know you. You see, I'm really shy when it comes to these kinds of stuff, so I apologize. My name is Kaneki Ken. What's your name?"

Now it was your turn to blush. Actually, you were a blushing mess compared to him. Knowing that he wanted to get to know you was like you were given a wonderful present. Although you two were madly blushing, a smile crept upon both of your lips.

Maybe you should order the chocolate peppermint coffee special more often. After all, it's a special that made your special someone want to get to know you better.