silver | post-aogiri

Genre: Fluff(?)
Status: Edited
Requested by: AbbieVanityCakes

The long periods of time you endured didn't erase your pitiful desolation. From the bottom of your heart, you wanted all of your solitary tears to pour out. Despite that, no matter how much you suffered from grief, you were aware that wouldn't lure him back to you. Not a single soul out in the world could've wavered his firm decision.

"I'm sorry, [Name]."

What could a senseless apology do for anyone?

"I won't tolerate being an arrogant weakling any longer. I need the power to protect. I want to save everyone."

No, he only wanted to save himself from falling deeper into his corrupted mind. Those silver eyes hoped for a nonexistent paradise. Though you were knowledgeable of that fact, you decided to believe in that despairing role rather than the truth. After all, you wanted to be the one who would take away his loneliness. You allowed yourself to be 'saved' just so he wouldn't feel that way.

You knew the difficulties he had to encounter ever since that dreadful transition. You tried your best to somehow make him forget about his pain, but your efforts meant nothing. The more you went near him, the more he craved for your flesh. His resistance only added to the torment he was already experiencing. You didn't want him to bow down to the strong, to see him alienated from humanity.

That's why, one day, he made a decision that would affect you both. In exchange for monstrous power, he left your side. You forced yourself to understand his choice, but that didn't mean you tried to reason with him. Ever since he left, you tried to not let sadness consume your very being. Patiently waiting for him with little hope was the only thing you could've done.

One night, you went out to do some grocery shopping and it was obviously not the safest idea. Although you were aware that it wasn't a good idea, trouble was the last thing to come across your mind. The darkness caused you to lose your sense of direction, and you ended up on a random street. You couldn't read the street signs that lead you to your home, which was why getting yourself lost wasn't a surprise. You came upon an empty street yet, 'empty' didn't seem to be the correct word to describe it.

"What's someone like you doing here?" Two strangers walked up to you. You never gave a second thought that they were ghouls desiring to tear your body apart. Of course, they appeared like regular humans to you.

"I guess I got lost," you answered with a smile that conveyed humiliation. They chuckled at your honesty, but you soon realized their chuckles turned into something more sinister.

"No, you didn't get lost. You are destined to have your organs splattered on this street. It'll be cool to look at, don't you think?"

That was when your pupils dilated from immense fright, and your whole body paralyzed at the sight in front of you. Both of their sclerae turned completely black, and their pupils turned to the color of red wine. They also had liquid-like objects emerging out of their backs and they were aiming those sharp things right at you. Both of them pounced on you and the more you struggled, the tighter the grip they had on you. Their maniacal laughter made you think that you were about to die.

However, as soon as they began to shred your clothes, they strangely halted their actions. Their eyes seemed to be bulging out of their sockets, and their faces were drawn and contorted convulsively. Although your eyesight was partially blurry to see what was occurring, you heard disturbing sounds of limbs being ripped apart and the anguished cries of the two ghouls.

Since you were free from their hold, you were able to wipe your face that was splattered with blood and tears. Now that your view was somewhat clear, two bloody bodies were in front of you with their stomachs gushing blood. The sight was honestly putrid, and you tried your best to not barf all over the scene. You wondered who or what could've possibly killed them, so you analyzed your surroundings. Your eyes caught someone shrouded in darkness but judging by the figure, you could tell it was a young man.

Anxiety overwhelmed you and as soon as you began to back away, he walked toward you. The streetlights helped you get a clearer image of the man when he was perfectly under the light. The man cloaked himself with black clothes, but he had white hair that appeared unbelievable to you. You wanted to question the man's identity, but those silver eyes that bore into your existence only belonged to one person.

"Kaneki?" You inquired cautiously, almost unsure if you were truly safe.

"It's been awhile, [Name]." Tears of blissfulness fell from your eyes when he spoke those words. Though the movement of your legs felt numb, you swiftly enveloped his body into a strong hug. The way his calloused hand touched your skin, and the way his white hair brushed against your neck gave you a feeling that he wasn't the same person you first encountered.

"What happened to you? I almost didn't recognize you!" Your finger twirled a strand of his white hair in utter amazement.

"I'm sure you wouldn't understand if I were to explain everything..."

You wanted to know how many conflicts he faced, but knowing that he was beside you, you didn't care anymore. You didn't care about how long you waited for him, nor did you care about the bloody corpses near you.

The only thing that mattered was that those silver eyes of his never left your pair. The eyes that tended to be introspective, often preoccupied with their own fantasy that desired to be a reality.

────────────────────

Is it bad that I'm so obsessed with the opening of Tokyo Ghoul that I have it as my ringtone?