Chapter 41

**Adrianna's Point of View**

I woke up sick. I barely made it to the closest bathroom before I released the contents of my stomach into the toilet. I groaned and lifted a hand to my forehead. What was happening to me? I've never been this sick before. 

My wing was bandaged around the break, and I had received healing from some of the faeries, but Illyrian wings took longer to heal. We had been in Spring for a week and I had gotten many of the faerie servants to trust me. I just had to convince Tamlin.

I had learned the Priestess Ianthe was the one who had sold out Feyre's sisters and I had then relayed this information to her. She was giving off the ruse of being unable to read, a damsel in distress. I did no such thing. She asked for time alone and would paint in the gardens and greenhouses. She didn't sleep with Tamlin and insisted she needed her own room after "all that happened".

I stood up, my legs shaking, and walked over to the mirror, flushing away the vomit. I washed my face in the mirror and felt weird. I lowered a hand to my stomach and swallowed hard.

I wrapped a robe around myself and made my way through the halls to find a healing faerie. Why was I sick, just moments after waking up? I had a feeling I knew the answer, but I didn't want to think about it, or entertain the thought right now. It was the third time it had happened. Three days in a row, I woke up sick. And Azriel and I had done more that last night together than just talking and sleeping. A lot more.

No. This couldn't be happening.

I found a nurse and went up to her and said meekly, "I-I got sick again this morning."

She looked at me, her eyebrows raising. "You did? Come, dear, please. Sit."

I did as I was told and let myself begin to cry. "This can't be happening. You don't think I'm-"

"Sh-sh." She said soothingly, gently smoothing my hair from my face. "Now, Adrianna, you listen to me. Even if you are, there are ways to do away with it."

I recoiled. "No." I snarled. "If I am, I am. Nothing will be done to make it the opposite."

She nodded. "Alright, dear. Hush, now. I was merely asking because of what you went through up north. Usually you wouldn't start showing in the first week, but you are Illyrian. It could be different. Did you and the Spymaster...ever sleep together?"

I clenched my jaw. "Yes. Before we left for Hybern." I said softly.

"Alright. Just relax." She said. "Here, lay back for me." She said and I did as was told and she rested her hands on my stomach, pushing around certain places, then felt my breasts, then nodded slowly. "Yes...your body is undergoing the usual changes of pregnancy. Swelling breasts. Your uterus is swelling. Morning sickness. You had sex. I'd say you are most likely pregnant, my dear. No worries. Spring Court has the best wet nurses in all of Prythian. You'll be in good hands, Adrianna."

I offered a small smile, trying to hide my panic, and said, "O-Ok. Can we keep this between you and me, please? I don't want to spread the word. It is too early, after all..." I drifted off.

She nodded. "Of course, Adrianna. Of course. Your secret is safe with me."

I offered a strained smile and got up, tightening my robe around me and bowed my head and said I was going to sleep, but went to find Feyre instead. She was in her room, paining. I knocked and she called for me to come in, and I closed the door and locked it and she looked at me.

"Hey, Adrianna. Are you feeling any better?" She asked.

I shook my head. "No. I got sick again this morning. The nurse said my breasts were swelling and so was my uterus. I...she thinks I'm pregnant."