Chapter 12

I froze and my fist clenched so hard around my fork that the metal snapped in two and the others stared at me in shock.

"You found them?" I asked softly, in too much shock to realize what I had done as I dropped the pieces onto the table.

Rhysand cleared his throat. "Yes. They are in Spring Court, so you will obviously have to be careful. Perhaps talking to Feyre about the Court could be useful. You're looking for a High Fae in the guise of a guard with red hair. He likes to hang around the palace and then a nearby village tavern for pleasures. Learn what you need to and take what you need, but kill him and come back when it's done."

"Do you need evidence that the deed is done?"

"Only if you would find it satisfying to bring me proof. After all, your job is to take care of the ones that have hurt those I hold close to me. Starting with you because you would have fewer than my brothers or cousin." He looked at them and Cassian snickered.

"And you know this High Fae's name?" I asked and sipped my wine, swallowing hard.

"His name is Galahad. He had a scar on the left side of his face. Perhaps dressing in something more suitable to the Spring Court would aid you."

"I'd do that, except I doubt Spring Court Fae have round ears and giant ass bat wings." I said blandly and the the High Lord chuckled, a warm sound.

"No. Those wings are the pride of joy of we Illyrians. Azriel can instruct your further. I have other matters to address."

"When do I leave?"

"Tomorrow at dawn. Spend today and tonight preparing and doing anything you need to do before leaving for the Spring Court at dawn."

"It will be done as you have asked." I said and Rhysand nodded, then stood and left the dining room.

Mor turned a hateful glare on me, but before she could speak, I said, "If you have something to say against my mate and I, let's hear it."

Cassian stood up and stuffed some bread in his face and left the dining hall without another word. I didn't blame him.

I also didn't move my eyes from remaining locked onto Mor's. She glared at me and stood and said, "I have nothing to say to you of all people. Just know you don't have my approval or-"

"Sorry to burst your bubble, Mor, but you don't control Azriel or Cassian. Since I meet you I knew something happened between you three- something that connected you all- but what I will not deal with is petty jealousy. I love Azriel and he is my mate and I am his mate and he loves me. If you have an issue with that, I can't help you with it." I stood and tugged on the straps of the silver Syphons on my wrists and snarled, "And I don't need your approval. I never wanted it, anyways."

I then turned and stormed out of the dining hall, winnowing away to the library and I began to search through the stacks on intel on the Spring Court- anything we had available to us. The priestesses that lived there ignored me for the most part, and I didn't care.

Tears were stinging at my vision and I wiped at my eyes as I flipped through a book, but a rebellious tear slid down my cheek anyways.

I felt my knees buckle and I slumped to the floor, my back to a shelf and the tears came faster and I let out a sob as I stared at the ring still on my finger and ripped it off and tossed it as far away from me as I could.

I felt as if something in me tore in half as I did it, and the tears just fell faster. My arms wrapped around my stomach. I couldn't breathe.

Adrianna. My love, where are you?