𝟙𝟜

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Present Day        𝐒𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Okay. Okay, I've got it. What I need is a 10,000-pound fallout shelter comprised of lead for photons, cadmium for neutrons, tantalum for seismic blasts, on wheels. And then, I would be able to safely re-enter Westview. Right?" Monica questions, "Yes. Theoretically," Bruce says, a little annoyed with Monica, "I can work with theoretically."

"What'd we miss?" The rest of the team walks into Bruce's lab, "The twins aged up to ten," Bruce said, still annoyed.

"Holy Christmas! At this rate, they'll be empty nesters by dinner time!"

"Clint. Who even says Holy Christmas?" Tony asked the archer, Clint ignored him and walked to a chair in the corner of the room.

"I know an aerospace engineer who'd be up for this challenge," Monica says, pondering her thoughts.

"But I can't guarantee the Hex won't just mind-wipe you as you go in," the conversation between the genius and the agent went on, "Why do you call it a Hex?"

"Oh, because of its hexagonal shape. It's starting to catch on," he brags, proudly, "Wait what are you talking about?" Steve butted in, "Monica wants to go back into Westview."

"You really wanna go back in there? After everything she's put you through?" The super soldier questions, "Yeah, I do, I really do."

"So you want to go back into a fake world to do what? Play 'Soccer Mom'?" Clint asked from the back of the room.

"Everything might look fake in the TV, but everything in there is real."

"But Y/N manipulates people's perceptions, makes them hallucinate, they believe that the life they are experiencing is real," Vision informs.

"Yeah, that's her whole bag. If all the sets and props and wardrobe were solid matter, that would mean she's wielding an insane amount of power," Bruce explains.

"Far exceeding anything she's displayed in the past..." Bucky says, getting quieter with ever word, "Exactly," Tony responds.

"Uh, she could have taken out Thanos on her own if he hadn't initiated a blitz. I mean, nobody else came close," Monica stated plainly, to which the other Avengers looked at her hurt, but they knew it was true.

"Well, I'd argue that Captain Marvel came close," Jimmy said, walking into the lab with a bagel.

"Her powers came from an Infinity Stone, too, right?" Peter asked, "We are not talking about her. We are talking about Y/N. Bruce? What was that you were saying about props and sets and..." Monica quickly changed the subject, obviously Peter's comment hit a nerve.

"Wardrobe?" Darcy added on, listing the things Bruce said earlier.

"Wardrobe," Monica repeated looking around Bruce's lab, finally she spotted the clothes she had on when she entered the Hex. She walked over to them, and ignored the protests of Bruce and Tony.

"You had a bulletproof vest on when you went inside, didn't you?"

"Those pants are 87% Kevlar. It is not an illusion. Y/N is rewriting reality," Vision informed the team, scanning the clothing.

"Permanently?" Darcy asked, shakily, but Monica was too focused on the problem at hand "If she can change things as they go into the Hex..."

"Ah, you called it the Hex! I told you it's catching on," Bruce said with a wide smile.

"What happens if we send something in that requires no change?" Monica continued, ignoring Bruce.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1989             𝐈𝐍𝐓. 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐮𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐬 𝐈𝐧𝐜.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~