𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟒

My heart rate races with joy when I see Hatori's car parked outside of his house. Finally, he's back.

Honestly just in time too. I've seen my future house and I'm trying not to get to let my vertigo get the better of me. The house was exactly what I expected it to be, perfect.

"Thank God you're back! I thought I was going to go crazy." I happily say as I enter his office.

"I'm sure me being gone for three days wasn't enough to almost make you go crazy. If it were, I'd be extremely flattered." He sweetly smiles. And while I can still find traces of sadness in his smiles, I ignore them and continue on.

"While I definitely missed you, it wasn't just you being gone. The days were a disaster."

"Surely, they weren't that bad." They were absolutely terrible, but he doesn't need to know that.

"You're right, they weren't that bad. But they're gonna be better now that I have you back." For you, Hatori, I'll lie.

"We should go out this Saturday!" I suggest as we eat lunch. Since the two of us are so bad at cooking, we've ordered take out. "I was thinking we could go to the botanical garden nearby. I hear it has beautiful wisteria trees.."

"Do you think that would be smart?" I ignore his question to keep anxiety from building in me and continue to press on. In the end, he agrees.

"Did you know that wisteria symbolizes love?" I wiggle my eyebrows around making Hatori scoff.
"And you're telling me this why? Do you want something from me?"

"You've kissed me once all week. I feel deprived." I sigh.

"You're too needy for being a grown woman." He leans down and gives me a kiss. Which leaves as much of butterflies in my stomach as it did the first time. Or maybe- that's just the anxiety.